2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Not quite what I expected

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Not quite what I expected
By eddiejd on

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After 9,000 miles and 11 months of ownership, here are my comments. DO NOT get the remote starter. It is a royal PIA on the EX model with push button start. When you remote start the vehicle and get in it, the engine automatically stalls and you have to restart the engine. For every remote start you have to restart the engine. Gee Honda, great for your starter and battery. Real poor design. I would remove the remote start system but it would cost ME money to do it! Also, you cannot exit a running vehicle and try to lock it to run an errand, it won't let you! The stereo if horrible. The AM is twice as loud as the FM. Very poor quality stereo.

Sunroof is great. Backup camera is great as is the right turn signal camera. Paint quality seems great so far.

Needs a much better stereo. A left turn camera view would have been nice too. A revamped remoter starter system that doesn't stall the car when you get into it and one that lets you leave the engine running and lock the door. Better engine road spray protection. After a New England winter my black engine has white salt spray all over it!! Get rid of the Honda logo and warning on the display screen on start-up. Probably the last car I will buy so I guess I am stuck with it. Almost traded it in for another Nissan Altima. Also, get rid of that annoying ding dong that starts your television ads for HONDA, that's almost reason enough to get rid of the vehicle.