Nice Looking Car Bad Transmission
By jpl572103 on
2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
The 2013 Accord has a transmission shudder or judder in it when cold and in stop and go traffic. I have called the dealer and called Honda, Honda agrees there is a problem but there is no fix yet. I tried to get them to buy the car back, only have 1000miles on it. They won't. So I DONT recommend you buy the CVT version of the 2013 Accord.. You have been warned. I am stuck with the car, but I have contacted Consumer Affairs, BBB, and WAVY TV 10. I hope Andy Fox will call me and go for a ride in this car. The test drive was after the car was warmed up and on the highway. No stop and go traffic.Figures. Honda if you take care of me , I will stop this bad publicity of your 2013 Accord.
Favorite Features
I like the interior and the quietness of the cab, I like the entertainment system, speakers are very weak, but who cares about loud music when your 44.
Suggested Improvements
Shame on you for putting a defective transmission in these vehicles. Sure it shifts, but it doesn't shift right and it shudders and bangs into low gear when coming to a stop light. I'm sure many of you will still buy the Accord, don't say I didn't warn you. Google 2013 Accord judder.
By wisconsinhonda
on 08/23/13 07:45 AM (PDT)

I have owed my 2013 Honda Accord with the CVT for 2 months. I have also complained to the dealer about the shudder in low gear when coming to a stop. The tech said that is how the CVT transmission works. It is very annoying. If that were not enough I had the check engine light go on, so the dealer replaced the fuel pressure sensor. Not 24 hours and 20 miles later the check engine light went on again with a different code. The dealer had to call Honda's techline because they hadn't seen this before and didn't know what to do. The diagnosis was the P2422 evaporation CVS stuck closed. The FTP sensor was reading 3.8 v. Techline had the dealer swap FTP sensors with a known good vehicle on their lot. The voltage dropped to 2.5 with the new PCM. They replugged in my original PCM and voltage went back to normal. Dealer said if it codes again they will replace the PCM. I'm waiting for this to happen. I don't have a good feeling about this car at all. I have a 2010 Honda Accord and have never had a problem with it. I am very disappointed and won't be a repeat Honda consumer again without improvements to the 2013.

By rtlh
on 10/05/13 13:06 PM (PDT)

Agree, having the same problem with the transmission. If they do not address this issue they will never sell these cars and all the good they have had for the last 30+ years will go away. The ride is totally un acceptable.

By vlancii1
on 12/09/13 11:49 AM (PST)

I have the 2013 Acura RDX AWD and I'm having the same problem with the P2422 code. Looking it up, it appears that it's been a problem with Honda/Acura over the last few years.