New LX CVT purchase - first impression review
By paathiker1 on
2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
Previous car 2000 Accord LX. The value is huge with the features, for the money it was tough to beat. Great deal too, I purchased on 12/31/12 at invoice plus a $500 credit for using Honda Finance. My only frustration is that my 2000 6 speaker stereo sounded better than the 4 speaker unit in the 2013. Also the center console is smaller and does not have the upper tray, just less storage overall. The dash layout is fantastic, the climate controls are minimal in the space it occupies, and the i-Mid control in the LX is much easier to use compared to the dual screen arrangement in the EX-L and above.
Favorite Features
Love the back up camera, fuel economy feedback, bluetooth is amazingly easy in the way it syncs with my iPhone and BB. I have not figured out the Pandora feature yet. The Auto Headlights are a plus too, I was not expecting that feature and it's nice to have the lights come on when you unlock the car. CVT is OK, the car is pretty quick when you turn off the Econ button. I did test drive the V6 and really thought the LX would be enough. I am missing the leather, sunroof a bit, but for $5,000 - $8,000 more, I did not think it was worth the price. The LX is loaded with features.
Suggested Improvements
Radio - my 2000 LX had 6 speakers and I think it sounded better. The system with the sub-woofer was pretty decent, but I've heard better. I love my music, but I know the radio is not the most important feature in a car! Not crazy about the steering wheel in the LX, it has a good feel, thickness, but is a bit hard. Also, the seam had a ridge from the injection mold and I can feel it when I drive. Just double check when you are looking, I'll get used to it. Why did Honda stop putting the little pull-out tray on the left side of the dash. It was a great place for coins, etc. I miss it in our 2006 Odyssey as well. I also miss the center pass-through in the rear seat for skis, etc,