2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Maybe I'm picky

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Maybe I'm picky
By phetzer on

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car seems to have a stiffer ride than I would expect. Seems about right for the Sports edition but not a four door. Within two hundred miles the transmission had to be replaced. I am trying to work something out with American Honda for compensation for having a brand new car with a factory remanufacture transmission. I asked for a different car but they will not go for that.

I like the back up and blind spot cameras. The interior as well as the stereo system are nicely done. I'm averaging 36 MPG on the freeway and with the air conditioning off I get about 37.5 MPG. Push button start and not having to reach into my pocket for keys are also great features.

The blind spot camera is great during daylight use but I think a sensor system that many other models have for blind spot detection may be a better idea because at night the camera is not so great. I also find that the placement of the lane departure warning light & forward collision avoidance light need to be moved. Where I happen to like the steering wheel positioned it covers either one or the other. They should move the Lane Departure light closer to the center of the display. The lane departure alarm should have a volume adjustment . When I have the radio up I have a hard time hearing the alarm. Besides some people are harder hearing and may need to adjust the volume of the alarm.
By schoenberg
on 07/09/13 02:49 AM (PDT)

How was your transmission going wrong?