LX Sport Check your tires
By manning4 on
2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
After several months of searching, researching and test driving everything from a Subaru Impreza to the Lexus IS, I came across the Accord Sport almost by accident while at a Honda Dealer having another car serviced. I was amazed! The base LX was light years ahead of my 2002 model, and the sport version was equipped with just the right options, and not thousands of dollars worth of fragile high tech nonsense. An extensive test drive over more different roads than the salesman was used to confirmed my initial impression. While no one will mistake the Sport for a 3 series, the handling was precise and nimble, far superior to your average family sedan.
Favorite Features
The 18 inch wheels and 45 series tires gripped well yet were also smooth on rough road surfaces. The ten way power drivers seat ( unusual at this price point) is well bolstered and supportive, yet very comfortable . Some have mentioned uncomfortable headrests and high wind noise, by I have no problems there. The "technology" takes a little getting used to , but for the most part is very intuitive and straightforward. A little time in the driveway with the owners manual, and it soon becomes second nature. The CVT feels a little different at first, but it is a gem, and rewards you with consistently better than EPA estimated MPG. The interior is well laid out, roomy, quiet, and comfortable
Suggested Improvements
At some point in the production cycle, Honda saw fit to change the Michelin MPV 4s that were on the car I test drove, to the vastly inferior Goodyear Eagle LS that were on the car I actually received. What a mistake! The car loses so much of its good handling ability ,is touchy on wet roads, and is noisy on the highway. I complained to the dealer and to Honda, and both were equally useless. This car does so much so well that it is a shame that they would go and ruin it with cheap tires. If you see one at a dealer ,and it has the Michelin tires, buy it! If not, save your money and stick with the LX.
By manning4
on 06/23/13 06:12 AM (PDT)

I would think so. I deliberately drove the Sport during my test drive over a section of bumpy, pot holed road, and even with the 45 series tires, it absorbed the bumps very well, yet maintained excellent road contact. I'm not sure what tires you have on the EX-L

By william621
on 07/30/13 13:54 PM (PDT)

I've got an early 2013 EX model with the Michelins, and the ride is very smooth. It's been my experience in the past that Michelins ride way, way better than Goodyears. On a side note, I found out from a tire guy at Discount Tire that that there are now 2 different versions of the same tire, non-OME and OME versions (I.E.- there is an OME and a non-OME MVX4 tire for each size) The difference is that the OME has less tread depth that the non-OME. Apparently this is a gimick that car manufactures use to lower the cost that the factory pays for the OME tires. The Guy at Discount Tire said the non-OME tires typically have 2mm more tread depth than the OME tires, so careful what you ask for when you replace tires nowadays!

By american
on 06/20/13 16:15 PM (PDT)

I love my exl but it rides rather hard. Will the michelins make a softer. Ride