Horrible milage
By np070209 on
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
The car itself is a fun car to drive. Looks and drives great. My complaint is that it come nowhere close to the mileage they claim in the city, at least not yet. Honda claims you should receive about 20 MPG in the city. These calculations are also based without the Econ button you can use which also, is supposed to increase mileage. My first tank of gas I got around 13.4 MPG, this was mostly city driving. Of coarse I called the dealer and I was told the car needed to be broke in, the computer needed to learn my driving habits. This would take 5000 miles for the car to be broke in and learn my habits. so far, not even close to claimed mileage. Look forward to buying another Infiniti.
Favorite Features
The car is a blast to drive and if I had to change one thing it would be the Navagation and the the whole phone/music system. Took it back for Galpon Honda to teach me and they either didn't know themselves or didn't care. They had the money and a signed deal.
Suggested Improvements
Make the whole Phone/Navagation/Audio system easier to use. Also the voice comand for storing numbers is a absolute joke. It can't recognioze shory words like Mom. So when you attach a Voice Tag to a stored number your saying Mom's home phone. Bills cell phone. Kinda a pain in the rear.
By william621
on 07/30/13 14:06 PM (PDT)

I'm wondering if there is excessive stop and go involved. If you bought the car in LA, I'm also wondering if you're heading up into the hills, etc. I can see how that would kill your mileage. What kind of mileage were you getting in your Infinity, assuming the driving conditons arethe same for each car?

By stanluca
on 07/20/13 12:39 PM (PDT)

Same here. Have the 4 Cyl EX-L and I get incredible mileage. Usually 30+ in mixed driving. I am constantly amazed when I see the mpg. Maybe you have horrible driving habits?

By tstapleton
on 07/14/13 09:12 AM (PDT)

Interesting, We left a G37S for the EX-L V6 coupe and couldn't be happier. We are averaging 30mpg, and routinely get 34 on longer trips. Best of luck.