Love this car
By derekleeo on
2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
I never thought I would buy a car with a CVT, but this car is great. Honda did a great job tricking you into thinking you are driving a car with a regular tranny. If you drive normal, the car simulates shifting....but put your foot down and you instantly know it's a CVT. I bought this for commuting not racing. I am averaging 33 mpg in mixed driving. I turned the econ off for a highway trip @80mph and got 30.3, so I turned it back on and will not touch it again. This car is comfortable and kind of fun to drive. I am happy with the long list of standard features on the LX. I also know that since it's a Honda, it will run forever.
Favorite Features
Rims, bluetooth, auto headlights, dual zone a/c all standard. Pandora radio. The little piece of plastic on the inside of the trunk lid that lets me close the trunk without getting fingerprints all over the car. I could take it or leave it, but everyone comments on the led light strips. Hematite/black color combo. I love a black interior. The 3 blink lane change turn signal bump thingy. MPG. I set the cruise control @ 65 and it hovers around 40mpg. If you set the cruise @80, it's turning at just over 2k rpm. This is obviously the cvt doing it's thing.
Suggested Improvements
The driver's side mirror has a ridiculous line. I don't know what it's for other than to annoy the @#$% out of me. I think they said Derek is going to buy this car, let's mess with him. If you are in the front passenger seat, there is a faint wind noise over your right shoulder. It sounds like the back door is open.(hwy speed) Make the driver's seat with a height adjustment. Honda salespeople! Everyone knows that auto sales was built on deception and trickery, but Honda is on their own level of Douchebaggery. I need this car to last 20 years, so I don't have to deal with those people again.
By derekleeo
on 02/25/13 18:17 PM (PST)

passenger seat needs height*