Love this car!
By rydog75 on
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Two weeks, and 800 miles in, and I love this car. Despite my 60+ mile daily, roundtrip commute, my Prius was driving me crazy. No power, poor handling, and noisy! I wanted something that was going to be just as reliable, addressing all of my complaints about the Prius, still getting reasonably good mileage. I almost got the 4-cyl Accord, but I'm so glad I went for the V6. Even though I keep it in eco mode most of the time, there is always plenty of power on tap. At highway speeds, it's quiet, but you can still hear the engine growl when pressed. The fuel economy is within claimed range, and getting better with every tank. The infotainment system takes some getting used to.
Favorite Features
The engine. The cabin. The sporty feel. And I like the eco mode. Reminds me to drive with a lighter foot.
Suggested Improvements
The infotainment system does lag at times. And the LDW is annoying. I really dislike the chrome door handles. And the bright works in the cabin are literally blinding when driving into the sun. Too many shiny bits. And finally, the glittery looking plastic surround on the radio and shift gate is just ridiculous. Looks like a 14 year old girl picked it out.