Longtime Honda Owner, Called to Return
By cirdevsys on
2013 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I bought this 2013 Accord to replace my 2012 Civic that was destroyed in Hurricaine Sandy. The salesman steared me into this car and now I have Buyer's Remorse. I have owned many Honda's in my day, Prelude's and Accord's but this model is a looser. 3 weeks in I called to ask the dealer if I could exchange for a Civic and he said "Not without big fees" The problem is they have tried to make everything microprocessor based. You can't just spin a dial and tune the rabio anymore. I gone off the road, twice already just trying to search for a new station. This car is an overdesigned dog! Take it from a longtime Honda owner. Consider the features offered and if you really need them.
Favorite Features
Rear Camera for backing up is great. Sunroof is great.
Suggested Improvements
Make the dash easier to operate while driving. Make the seats more cofortable and more adjustable. Add keyless start from inside the home, so on freezing cold days, I can get it warm before I go outside.
By poorthingflint
on 02/11/13 14:34 PM (PST)

I have a 2009 Camry Hybrid. It has every feature available including Leather and GPS. The GPS is way to complicated so I just bought a new Garmin for less than $100.00 and it works so much easier and provides free updates for life. My point is this. I looked at several new hybrids from The Lincoln MKZ to the Lexus and they all have turned into overly complicated glitchy computor video games on wheels. The only features my car does not have I would like are memory seat controls and speed sensing/adaptive cruise control. I had this sort of features in my last Lexus and missed them but I do not see myself putting up with the overly complicated tenology the current crop of well equipped new cars come with. I do not want to talk to my darn car I just want to push a button or turn a knob and have things taken care of. Don't know if they will build a car that suites me anymore.