2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: instrument display problems

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

instrument display problems
By american on

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Picked up my ex-l on Monday,everything was as good as Honda advertized, EXCEPT for the instrument display daytime brightness.the dealer salesman and their tech played around for an hour or more trying to adjust it.They called Honda corporate tech support who says it is set at the factory and can not be adjusted any better.i'm not a happy camper spending a lot of money on a faulty display.I called the Honda customer service who took note of the problem. I think I'll have to keep after them to see if anything can be improved.

Favorite Features

roomy cabin ,interior colrs,roomy rear seating Large trunk - especially for golfers,

Suggested Improvements

seats need improvement(I had a maxima great seats),folding outside mirrors electrically controlled would help getting into my garage.Of course improve lighting on the daytime instrument display is a must, larger door pockets.I'm sure i can find more room for improvement after i have the car a while.
By american
on 06/21/13 17:13 PM (PDT)

I've had my exl for about 600miles.it is a fantastic car ,roomy interior,can get in the driver's seat knocking your head ,same. For the rear,very rare for midsize,great mileage , my previous comments mentioned the instrument display not being readable on sunny days,I still cannot understand how that got by the designers.The ride is very hard on my back when riding over the PA.roads, maybe abetter seat would help improve that problem.I went and tried the Ford fussion,it handle the road bumps a lot better but other insufficiences (ie.interior roominess ,ingress & egressun believable tight,rear seat,etc.)stopped me from trading my exl. I've accepted the comment from a previous submitter ADAPT & ADJUST. It seems to be working.