I'm so Happy with my new car!
By jnh2 on
2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I fell in love with Honda Accord after I seeing someone driving a Black 2013 EX-L earlier this year. I previously only owned Toyota's (2 Camry's and a RAV 4) but decided to give the Accord. I decided to go for the EX-L w/NAV and it was a great decision. The cloth in the EX looks really cheap, but the leather in the EX-L is luxurious and feels great. This is my first car with a NAV system so the features takes some getting used to. The gas mileage is much better than any of my Toyota's, but I'm not sure that the ECON button is saving me any money on gas. I love that there is enough space in the back seat for my kids which is a definite plus, and the trunk is huge for groceries and shopping.
Favorite Features
By far, the smart key and push button start are the best features since I usually carry a big purse and can never find my keys. The side view camera is so useful; I didn't think I would need it but it comes in handy. The back-up camera is fantastic as well, especially since it has 3 different views. I also love the touch screen radio and the feel of the leather seats. They are really cushiony and comfortable. The interior/exterior designs are really stylish and the gas mileage is great. Lastly, I really like the Bluetooth PHONE connectivity and the ride is very, very smooth. The side and front lane detections are useful... but annoying.
Suggested Improvements
The extended driver’s side mirror is a bit distracting and awkward; I would rather not have it. I also think that the front cup-holders are too far back and uncomfortable to reach when driving. Also, there is no place for change (coins), more storage would be useful. By far though, the most disappointing feature is the Ipod and Bluetooth Audio connectivity. The radio doesn’t allow you to access your playlist from the radio screen and the search feature when using Ipod and Bluetooth is soooo limited! Toyota has Honda beat with Ipod and Bluetooth connectivity.