Honda is back on track!
By hardtoplease2 on
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
I loved my 2000 Accord SE, but it was time to pass it down, and get myself something new. This Coupe is amazing. I have driven many manual trannies, but this one is the best. The engine has plenty of power, tugging smoothly at the low end and breathtakingly at the high end - and it makes wonderful sounds! There's always a correct gear to select. Positioning of all controls is great. With only 200 miles on it, I got 30 mpg on a 460 mile trip, with a combination of city and mostly high speed highway, cruising at 80 mph (the speed limit in that part of Texas, thank you) and making no attempt to be frugal. City-only is averaging 24, again without trying. Sound system is awesome.
Favorite Features
Ride is European: firm but never ever harsh. The engine is velvet-smooth, and while it sounds wonderful, but is never loud, and does not interfere with the sound system. The camera on the right side mirror more than makes up for the "blind" spot caused by the coupe styling (which isn't nearly as "blind" as the automotive press suggests.) Handling inspires confidence, the brakes are powerful and easy to modulate.
Suggested Improvements
More color choices for the V6 6-speed. Black, ticket-me red, and casket gray is all there is, and only with a black interior. While that's not ideal for the Texas heat, the air conditioning is excellent, and it might be nice in the winter! I also prefer the instrument layout on the 2000 Accord ... the tach is easier to see on it, and with a 6-speed, I actually use it. The backup camera is blurred with water drops after driving in the rain (I don't know if other cars have this same problem.)