2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Having Second Thoughts

2013 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Review

Having Second Thoughts
By aviationguy on

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my 2013 Accord EX for almost four months. I initially rated it very high, but there have been things happen that are very disappointing. The wind noise has gotten worse and Honda doesn't seem to know how to fix it. The trunk lid doesn't fit properly and the dealership has only made excuses for it (no fix). The CVT has a judder at low speeds that is common with the Accord, but Honda hasn' t propsed a fix. The windshield has leaked twice (doesn't always leak, though, when it rains). And now, there's an annoying rattle in the driver's side door.

Exterior, interior design. Very good looking car inside and out. I'm happy with the diminished road noise. Handling is superb. The electric steering turned out very well. The ride is stiff, but extremely well controlled.

Improve quality of fit. Find a fix for the excessive wind noise. Find a fix for the CVT judder at low speeds. Overall, improve the manufacturing quality.
By brymil2
on 05/14/13 13:38 PM (PDT)

I too have the "judder" at low speeds which is very annoying because I am stuck in stop and go traffic quite a bit. It is much worse with the Eco function engaged so I no longer use it. On a couple of occasions I had to accelerate quickly. The first time the Eco function was engaged and the car bucked a couple times like it was a manual transmission and I popped the clutch. The second time was without the Eco engaged and the car bucked and then took off, very quickly I might add. This transmission is anything but smooth, especially during low speeds and light acceleration. Even MotorTrend commented on the "jerkiness" at parking lot speeds. So far the dealer claims they have had no complaints and offered no resolution. Hopefully Honda will find a fix soon and one that does not affect the excellent gas mileage this car gets!