Great Car! Review after 8 months ownership
By william621 on
2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I'm extremely please with the car. I've got about 22,000 miles on it and it's nicely broken in. On a recent trip to the Outer Banks, NC, I got over 600 miles on a tank of gas, averaging 38.2 mpg! Driving on NC 12 up Hattaras Island at 55-60mph, I averaged 46.3 mpg for the hour drive north to get off the island. Amazing!! I agree that the CVT will not be for everyone, but I like the fact that I get awesome mileage in a very well built, good looking car. Speaker quality is excellent with a digital device, so dont judge sound system until you plug in your own device!
Favorite Features
I love the back up camera and side view cameras! I also think the interior and exterior styling is very upscale and timeless. It's not one of those cars that will look out of style anytime soon. It's very roomy and comfortable, and the sound system is great with my MP3 payer. The fit and finish is great, as the car is very solid and it's as I would expect from Honda. This is my forth Accord since 1984, and every one of them has been awesome. I like the fact the the door lock "beep" is soft, as opposed to some obnoxious horn blowing, and I like the fact that the car will not let you lock the doors from the outside with the keys inside.
Suggested Improvements
I could do without the divided driver side mirror, as I think it distracts more than helps. I wish there was some way to stop the "beeping noise" when you leave the car running but step out to get something and close the door. I understand its suppose to remind you that it's running, but I dont need the reminder. Honda should give the owner some way to diable that thing
By american
on 06/22/13 02:02 AM (PDT)

I have an exl and I agree with William except on the beeping.I prefer the horn beep or make Honda's beep much louder.I'm 82 and need those reminders that the doors are locked and not being used to push button start it's a big help.Honda has outdone itself with this year's models. It is a little to hard going over poor road expansion joints but otherwise I really love it,especially for the money($25,600.).I hope these comments help someone.