Glad I selected the Sport model
By mxi81 on
2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased my first Honda after trading in my 2003 Mazda6s and so far I have been pleased. It lacks the performance of my old V6 mazda, but still performs well overall. The mpg has been around 30 combined on 50/50 mixed highway/local driving. I tested the Altima, Accord, & Fusion and ultimately the Accord won for the value and what I'm hoping will be long term reliability. The interior is nice and spacious, though the front headrests are a little uncomfortable unless you position the seat appropriately. I haven't noticed wind noise with my vehicle as other reviews stated, so maybe it is not present on the Sport models. Take a hwy test drive if you can to test for the problem.
Favorite Features
The car has pretty responsive handling, and it does run fairly quietly at all speeds for me. It accelerates fairly quick for a 4 cylinder and runs fairly smooth. The outward appearance of the sport model makes it look nice with out going over the top to try and make the accord look sportier than it really is. The standard dual zone AC is a nice touch on the interior, and it has a lot of interior space that can hold 4 adults easily and comfortably.
Suggested Improvements
The headrest is actually the most bothersome part of the car. The inward tilt can be a little uncomfortable given the stiffness. It was sort of disappointing to see that an otherwise comfortable interior had this issue as head/neck comfort makes long drives easier. The brakes are a little too sensitive for me, which is more a driver preference thing than anything. Not a fan of the split driver side mirror. A mute button on the steering wheel audio controls would be a nice addition. Having only black cloth available on the sport model limited my options to a degree since I would have preferred tan just so it didn't get quite as hot in the summer.
By mxi81
on 07/26/13 07:13 AM (PDT)

2 Month Update: I've had my accord sport a little over two months now. So far I have put about 3500 miles on the vehicle. I have mostly highway driving logged on the vehicle, but here are some observations over the two months, along with some other info. (I'd say 75% hwy, 25% city driving is my norm) Gas Mileage: The info displayed in the car is actually slightly elevated to true mpg if you measure miles to gallons, but is usually within .5 mpg. I've logged every fill up and here are the results (using all 87 octane). miles, gallons, mpg 441, 14.519, 30.37 mpg 371.4, 13.754, 27 mpg (I turned off the econ button the duration of the tank to see the difference) 462.7, 13.876, 33.35 mpg 446, 14.081, 31.67 mpg 488.5, 14.833, 32.93 mpg 459.4, 14.278, 32.18 mpg 492.2, 15.597, 31.56 mpg My car still shows 70% oil life. The dealer said around 15% get it changed, so it's looking like my first oil change will be around 8000 miles, which is a nice plus. The car still rides as quietly as the day I bought it. I have noticed on extremely hot days that the interior will sometimes have a faint rattle in the interior that is not present most of the time, so I assume is simply due to the heat inside the car causing some expansion of some part. (100 plus degrees and the all black interior is not forgiving there) The steering mounted audio controls feel a little loose which I did not notice at first, as it is one large button instead of individual buttons. Overall, I'm still very happy with the vehicle, and would still suggest any looking in this segment to give the car a test drive.