2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Getting better!

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Getting better!
By jill59 on

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Wow. And I was getting ready to give up on Honda. Purchased my first Honda in 1985 and they were awesome cars until about 10 years ago; I noticed reliability and fit and finish deteriorating badly. I saw the revamped 2013 Accord and read the reviews. I decided to try one more time...MUCH improved but still a ways to go. The interior fit and finish is reminiscent of older days quality-excellent. There is still a bit of cheap hard plastic though. The CVT does not bother me at all and I find the 38mpg I have been getting amazing (ECO on). Road noise is still evident but not as bad as before. Comfortable ride as I commute 100 miles daily. Stereo so-so. Curious to see if reliability improves.

Love the standard features. Nicest looking Accord in a LONG time. I do not notice the jerking of the CVT that other people have spoken of. Awesome gas mileage. Love the "chrome" accents...just right, not gaudy. Great rearview camera, ease of controls. Handles extremely well. All in all a keeper.

Slide the drivers side door controls up on an angle like the 1998 Accord. This pushes the armrest forward to allow for short people! The floor mats are cheap. The sunroof visor is cheap cardboard and I am afraid I will break it. Ditto for the ceiling. There is a design flaw with the windshield. The drivers wiper pulls water back onto the windshield with the return swipe during mod/heavy rain - safety hazard. XM on all models!!! Hate the crappy Goodyear's. Put Michelins on all models. What happened to the flat floor in the back? It's a hump now.