Do not buy a 2013 Honda Accord - too many problems
By reviewer24 on
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I'm curious as to why people like it, since it is the worst, most unreliable, problem filled car Honda has ever made. I have 20 unreolved problems with my car with the NAV, audio, transmission, seats. The seat is curved like an airplane's seat, the headrest pokes you in the back of the head forcing your head in an unatural position. Honda customer relations are useless. The dealer does not believe the owners when complaining about the problems and even refuse to look at them more than once. Look for "2013 Honda Accord Radio problems" in you tube. Also, look at this thread: http://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2013-accord-problems-nav-blutooth-51172/
Favorite Features
Nice exterior styling
Suggested Improvements
Entirely new electornics package. Put the one from the 2012 Honda Pilot. It is much much better. But the old touch screen system were much better, as long as the HVAC controls were external.
By sj1417
on 04/21/13 10:47 AM (PDT)

Some reviews have no credibility, and this seems to be one of them. First of all, there already is a technical service bulletin for the radio/navigation system problems. Second, the seats are extremely comfortable but even if they weren't, that is what you take a test drive for. Muri's, when you buy a brand new from the ground up model in the first months of its existence, chances are you're going to have some growing pains. It's obvious you have an axe to grind about something, but that is not really Honda's fault.

By dillon67
on 05/09/13 17:24 PM (PDT)

sj1417, I think it's you that has an ax to grind. This car is a miserable driving experience & I can't wait to get rid of it.

By imrickjamesbch
on 05/06/13 15:10 PM (PDT)

sj1417, I disagree with YOU, and agree with reviewer24. I've have about 2600mi. on my '13 Accord EX-L w/Nav and I think there are many issues with my car that weren't apparent at my 2/13 purchase time, that are really bugging me right now: it pulls to the left since new, the audio system's subwoofer is worthless, there's no Gracenote update until 7/13 as promised by Honda and Navtec, the email/text reading aloud feature doesn't work with my iPhone 5.... My Honda dealer and also Honda's corporate customer service are full of it... I can go on and on. I wish I'd chosen that Lexus... So should you... true story.

By jackschmidt
on 05/12/14 19:22 PM (PDT)

[non-permissible content removed] The 2013 Honda Accord 4 cylinder w/ cvt transmission is far and away the best automobile value available today. I have 27,000 trouble free, high performance miles on mine to date, and wouldn't trade it for anything. My brothers Lexus 350 gs, can barely keep up with me on acceleration and I whip him on fuel economy.

By sj1417
on 05/10/13 07:50 AM (PDT)

Most of the problems mentioned would have been obvious during an initial test drive (for example, "it pulls to the left since new" and the "subwoofer is worthless"). I drove it, didn't like it, didn't buy it.