2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: CVT Trans Will Make Me Trade T

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Sport Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

CVT Trans Will Make Me Trade This Car
By palalt1 on

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2013 Accord Sport with the CVT transmission. It has become so annoying to drive with only 3000 miles that I'm considering trading. Honda tells me there is no record of a problem and the dealer says the unit isn't serviceable.
Under normal driving, there is almost a constant slinky toy or rubber band feeling that actually makes the engine rpm go up and down when it should be smoothly accelerating. There is some kind of intermittent slippage going on the whole time you are driving it. Anything but Constant Velocity.

Honda is playing stupid and merely patronized me with statements like: "We'll make a record of your concern."
I own a Murano CVT so I'm familiar with this technology.

Edmunds asked me to update this review. I traded my Accord Sport in 2014 with only 4900 miles on it. Between the ignorant CVT transmission and the fact that it rode like it always on top of the springs, never settling down, even on smooth roads, I couldn't take it any longer. The Accord did give the best gas mileage of anything I've ever owned, 29 MPG combined, but it just wasn't enough car for me.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By buyer157
on 07/25/13 05:09 AM (UTC)

was this problem apparent at week 1? I've had my sport for a month, roughly 1000 miles and love the vehicle. Great, even power distribution, no noise, good (rapid) acceleration. Friend of mine has one with 10K on it already. He is also a huge fan...and the reason I bought the car. Sorry to hear you are having issues.... By the way CVT = Continuously Variable