Brand New Sport CVT!
By flhondaowner on
2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased the 2013 Accord Sport in black last week. I chose the Sport model because I believe it looks nicer than a LX, and of course is roughly $2000 less than an EX. The base Accord comes with everything you need. Like many here, I have owned tons of makes including, SAAB, Audi, Honda, Buick, Chevy etc. The fit and finish on this Accord is really superb. I would not say it is in line with an Audi, but very close and much better than others. Each time I drive the car I find more and more features and driving the car is more fun each time as well. Also note: I actually like the looks of the 2013 Subaru Legacy Sport, but the Accord won on value. Also drove the Fusion and Altima.
Favorite Features
I love the interface with my smart phone. I am currently using a Motorola Droid and it works flawlessly. The Pandora interface works well and I love listening to my custom channels without commercials. The fuel economy is unbelievable for this size of car. The steering wheel controls are intuitive and the layout of the screen and controls is a little confusing at first but you get used to it after a few tries. Back up camera is nice to have, but I still look! I know styling is subjective but I think the Sport version with the spoiler, chrome tip exhaust and the nicer 18" wheels make the car look very nice.
Suggested Improvements
I have only owned the car for 4 days and I can't really think of any improvements. If you want to be super picky I wold say the materials on the interior doors could be a softer touch material, currently it is vinyl. Overall I would HIGHLY recommend this car.
By flhondaowner
on 04/24/13 15:58 PM (PDT)

Update: I have about 1300 miles on the car now and am AVERAGING 30.1 MPG. This may not be a big deal to most folks, but coming from a minivan the fuel savings alone make this car great. Aside from that, I have had a few minor issues with syncing my Pandora with my Motorola Droid. I have since figured out if I start the app on the device first then select Pandora from the menu it works flawlessly. Therefore I will classify that as operator error. I have not experienced the wind noise issue posted here in other comments, the car is very quiet and smooth. I would also be interested in knowing if folks in northern states also received their Accord with Michelin tires? I really like the way the tires handle and the ride is very nice. The only thing I am not looking forward to is replacing them, as a Michelin tire seems to be a bit pricier than other tires. I stand by my recommendation to purchase the car, and after much research I still believe it to be the best value out there in this segment.