BMW wannabe
By kaarlo on
2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
Have 3000 miles on 2013 Honda Sedan, 6 spd trans. 60 years old and this is first Honda I've ever bought, wouldn't be the last if they build them all like this. Very impressive car. Runs great, smooth firm ride, handles like a BMW. Getting 33 MPG average w/36+ on freeways. Looked at the Jetta but liked the different standard features on the Accord better plus the Accord had a longer wheelbase for the freeway. Had to get the upscale package on the Jetta to get the rear view camera and larger more powerful engine. Wife is mad, thought I was getting the coupe. Says she won't drive a granny 4 door car. Hard to look disappointed when you can't stop smiling.
Favorite Features
Rear view back up camera. Thought it might be a novelty but I use it more than I thought I would. Firm ride and long wheelbase gives great ride on freeway and mountain roads. Powerful 4 cylinder engine really pulls the car up hills with better then advertised gas mileage. Standard car was loaded with enough features that I didn't see the need to get any upgraded packages. Would make a great first car for college graduates. Overall I am extremely happy with the Accord. I win the lottery I might think about getting the V6 Model. Maybe.
Suggested Improvements
Split fold down rear seat with larger opening from trunk to rear seat. Might be available on upgraded packages but entire rear seat back folds down on standard model. Lack of color choices on standard manual trans car. Only 2 colors, really ? What prompted that decision ? Emergency flasher button in more accessible location.