Best Honda Yet
By pjac on
2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
After owning three Civics, I decided to try an Accord. This is the best Honda yet. Wish I bought one earlier. The car is a fully loaded EX-L V6. I assumed that gas mileage would be around 25 MPG. Since I owned it (Nov 2012), it's ranging from 28 to 34 MPG. I drive about 50/50 Hwy/City in Long Island, NY. On a trip from LI to Newport, RI, I averaged 34.1 MPG. I use the ECON setting for about 90% or driving. For power the V6 in Non-ECON, the car can keep up with vehicles costing much more. It is a poor man's BMW, but worth every penny of it.
Favorite Features
All, has everything you need and don't. I took a while to learn the NAVI but once you do, it's a breeze.
Suggested Improvements
Only option missing is automatic closing outside mirrors.
By nperrry
on 06/04/13 05:22 AM (PDT)

I'm very curious about the mileage you're getting. I have the exact same car you do, a Accord Coupe, V6/Navigation. My complaint is the mileage in the city. It has increased so far about 3MPG per gallon since I've bought it but still no where close to what they claim. I was told it would take 5000 miles for the car to break-in and learn my driving habits. It has just 1080 miles on so far as I don't drive much at all. I'm wondering if the mileage you got when first purchased was as good as it is now. I love the look of the car, that was a main selling point for me as well as the 20/30 mileage Honda claimed. I did get 31.5 on a 150 mile freeway drive so that was amazing. 13.4 in the city makes me want to count the months until this lease is up and I can buy a 4th Infiniti. If I wanted horrible mileage I'd kept my M35 and been much more comfortable doing it.