Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Battery issues in cold weather...Upstate NY
By sandy3858

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My girlfriend lives in Upstate NY, hadn't driven her car for three days, and decided to go shopping. Returning home after a roundtrip of about five miles, she turned off the vehicle for about five minutes and it would not restart. AAA was called and provided a jumpstart, but said their tester indicated the battery would not hold the charge. She them drove the car to the dealer for their assessment. Their answer was that these Accords need to be driven every couple days at least and if not, the owner should buy a trickle charger. A trickle charger? If the car is not driven every couple days? It's a 2013 car, not a 1913. Honda needs to address this issue.

Not the battery.

If you live in the northern half of the US or in any cold climate, you apparently need to drive your 2103 Honda Accord every couple or three days whether you need to or not or suffer the consequences.....calling AAA regularly OR buying a trickle charger. My suggestion? Honda should admit their mistake and replace the weak batteries upon request of the owners. And Consumer Report should note this issue when they review the 2013 Accord.

Steering Column makes noise when turning slow
By amy_t

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Have a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L, purchased new June 2013, after a few months it started making a noticeable but soft popping/clicking noise coming from the steering column when turning the steering wheel. Took it to the dealer twice, they replaced the parts covering the airbag inside the steering column (steering angle sensor & combination bracket), and then finally admitted that there is no known fix to this noise. The Honda service rep even pointed out that a few people working for Honda have experienced the same noise from their 2013 Accords. I'm very disappointed and even embarrassed that I'm stuck with a new car that makes a funny noise.

Love the overall design both interior and exterior, and the way it hugs the road. Overall, very satisfied with it except for the noise coming from the steering column when turning.

Many rattles
By wstrange

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

When I purchased my first Honda, a 2013 Accord, I expected a consistent vehicle that was comfortable to drive and easy to maintain. While the new features are nice to have, they don't outweigh the incessant rattling noise coming from the dashboard. The dealerships don't seem to know how to fix it, which makes the situation even worse. When you purchase a new vehicle like an Accord, you expect the Honda name to hold up. I have a different opinion of Honda now.

I suggest a focus on less rattles inside the cabin.

Oil pump, timing chain failure at 15,200 miles
By fishrman1

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

2013 Accord LX, CVT Auto, 15,200 miles (bought new). A few seconds after starting the car, it made a horrendous grinding, screeching sound, with every indicator light on. I did not drive it, and it was towed to a dealer. It needed a new oil pump, timing chain, sprocket, etc - all covered under warranty. The dealer had no idea why the failure occured, and had never seen this on a Honda with so few miles. It took a week to repair, which was a major inconvenience. The car ran fine with no problems at all prior to this incident. I am sorry I purchased a Honda with so many other choices out there. I was sold on their legandary reliability.

Styling, fuel economy (34-37 mpg)

Make the car more reliable; AC comes on with defrost

Accord EX
By raj75

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Nice car. I did test drive all other cars Camry, altima,passat,fusion but this car stood out number 1 and i bought it. My point of view most valuable car..interms of real value. Perfect balance.I drove to airport with 3 guys(me not included) with 3 big size lugauage bags, as the driver I felt like 2 people going in the car. Unbelivable!

Lane watch,Back Camera,Steering handling,quick respose.

May be horn.