2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews 4

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great ride, needs more standard options
By k_rock on 11/04/13 05:08 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Honda, but first Accord, I had an 02 CRV that I loved but needed an upgrade and better mpg. I feel in love with the Accord exterior and really like the pick up that it has for a 4 cylinder. I decided to stay with the Honda brand as I had over 220K miles on mine and the only maintenance that I did was tune ups and standard oil changes, brakes, etc. I may be spent 2K on mechanical issues over the 10 years that I owned it. I love how the controls are easily, much better than in my 02 crv, I kept having to reach way forward to change radio stations. I was a little disappointed with the features that we not on the passenger side with the seat.

An update.
By barkman003 on 10/17/13 20:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

6 months in to my ownership, and I love this car. Have averaged 32.5 mpg since new with 70/30, highway/city driving. Minneapolis to chicago trip, averaged 38.5 mpg. you get use to the cvt, but it really does work well overall. Even a lot of regular transmissions are twitchy sometimes. The seats are comfortable for long hauls and the car is easy to drive. The Pandora app is very nice, and the car syncs with my iphone 5 quickly. The black color is still gorgeous. The paddle shifters make it easy to downshift even when the car is in drive, which is useful for some spirited driving, or slowing without braking. I recommend this car to a lot of people, and a couple of them have bought one.

Accord Sport the only way to go!!!
By sss39 on 10/17/13 08:29 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the Sport back in May and have not looked back or regretted the decision. Come from a Ford Family and just had enough of Big Blue. I did test drive the Fusion as well as the Nissan Altima and for the money and the overall package, it was a no-brainer. Plus, it didn't hurt knowing the owners of my local Honda dealer. All the ratings above, basically describe the car. Wasn't sure if I was going to like the CVT but I don't have any complaints. Very smooth and precise and handles very well. Very happy with the purchase and the move to Honda.

Honda Accord Condenser Problems
By johnd63 on 10/15/13 14:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My 2013 Honda Accord took a rock to the condenser within 3 months, it is a common issue for Honda, and they are not willing to correct it. I would not purchase a Honda again.

I love this car
By niecyny on 10/09/13 17:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Prior to purchasing this car(2013 EX sedan) I was driving a inherited 96 Galant that had 145,000+ miles on it. I only had it for about four months when major things started failing one after the other(radiator,a leak in the rack and pinion etc). I made a bad investment fixing some things because the car had sentimental value but you live and you learn. Now I have my new baby.This is my first new car and I'm 31. I paid for it in full so I have that new car syndrome where I don't want anyone to park near me in fear that they'll scratch it(I have it in black crystal). I love the exterior.It looks like it is really packing some muscle under the hood. You feel a little bumpiness but its not bad.

Nice car with some issues..
By richardaherold on 10/07/13 11:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought car in April 2013, put 8000 miles on, mostly highway. Accord is comfortable and a solid ride. However: -- GPS system is terrible. My $200 Garmin has a superior interface. GPS estimates of "time to go" until arrival are WAY off and Honda America can't find the problem. At dealer today my Honda estimated 15 hours to drive from DC to Savannah. A new Accord on lot estimated 9 hours, which is correct. -- Car rides too low to ground resulting in ridiculous damage from moderate road issues. After driving on FDR expressway in NYC, where right lane has some bumps due to repair work, the Accord's fender liner fell off and right fog light enclosure fell off. $400 to repair!

Great car with some design issues
By ee2 on 10/05/13 12:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It has great power, gets decent gas millage, it is pretty comfortable to drive. A few minor changes are called for and one MAJOR one. The cup holders are right behind the stick shift, so as you shift, you are constantly hitting the cups/straws/tall water bottles. The windshield wipers on mine streak alot. At about 1000 miles I changed the rubber on my dime (OEM Honda). Made no difference. The major issue is that the hands free bluetooth software seems to have been designed by an engineering school drop out. The text reading is almost incomprehensible. No point in it since it does not make driving safer if you can't understand it. Phone book features are terrible.

Think twice before buying this vehicle
By rtlh on 10/05/13 11:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

For all the good Honda has had over the years, they really messed up with this car. And I am a 2nd time Honda owner. The 2003 Accord I had was the best car I ever had and that is why I decided to go with another one. The CVT transmission is lousy. The car buckles and stutters, especially on acceleration. Have had it back to the dealer and even had Honda look at it but they insist nothing is wrong. They even said that the stutter is part of the CVT technology. These transmissions are put in for fuel economy. But at the expense of this kind of performance is un acceptable. All I can say is Honda will have a very difficult time selling these vehicles if this continues.

Best Value for Luxury features.
By clivettej on 10/03/13 11:30 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car! It is truly a "personal assistant." Great on gas mileage with the econ feature. Love the side camera where you can view the side of your car when changing lanes. Blue tooth. Nice leather seats, moonroof, and an extremely comfortable ride. [non-permissible content removed].

Honda got this model right!
By tony181 on 09/30/13 08:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After 3 Camrys we went with an Accord this time around. Honda did a great job tweaking various things to significantly improve what had been a very good car for many years. Handling and ride superb for this price class. Fine blend of power and gas mileage. Went with EX-L because of several features we really wanted. Recently returned from a 1600 mile trip. Very comfortable car on this long trip.