2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great car with some design issues
By ee2 on 10/05/13 12:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It has great power, gets decent gas millage, it is pretty comfortable to drive. A few minor changes are called for and one MAJOR one. The cup holders are right behind the stick shift, so as you shift, you are constantly hitting the cups/straws/tall water bottles. The windshield wipers on mine streak alot. At about 1000 miles I changed the rubber on my dime (OEM Honda). Made no difference. The major issue is that the hands free bluetooth software seems to have been designed by an engineering school drop out. The text reading is almost incomprehensible. No point in it since it does not make driving safer if you can't understand it. Phone book features are terrible.

Think twice before buying this vehicle
By rtlh on 10/05/13 11:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

For all the good Honda has had over the years, they really messed up with this car. And I am a 2nd time Honda owner. The 2003 Accord I had was the best car I ever had and that is why I decided to go with another one. The CVT transmission is lousy. The car buckles and stutters, especially on acceleration. Have had it back to the dealer and even had Honda look at it but they insist nothing is wrong. They even said that the stutter is part of the CVT technology. These transmissions are put in for fuel economy. But at the expense of this kind of performance is un acceptable. All I can say is Honda will have a very difficult time selling these vehicles if this continues.

Best Value for Luxury features.
By clivettej on 10/03/13 11:30 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car! It is truly a "personal assistant." Great on gas mileage with the econ feature. Love the side camera where you can view the side of your car when changing lanes. Blue tooth. Nice leather seats, moonroof, and an extremely comfortable ride. [non-permissible content removed].

Honda got this model right!
By tony181 on 09/30/13 08:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After 3 Camrys we went with an Accord this time around. Honda did a great job tweaking various things to significantly improve what had been a very good car for many years. Handling and ride superb for this price class. Fine blend of power and gas mileage. Went with EX-L because of several features we really wanted. Recently returned from a 1600 mile trip. Very comfortable car on this long trip.

Rough Ride
By krausejohn on 09/28/13 14:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had a 2008 and 2011 Accord and the 2013 is the roughest ride I have ever experienced. I took it in for service as I thought this cannot be by design. The tech said the transmission is designed to downshift when you take your foot off the gas (regardless of whether you want to slow or not). The constant shifting between gears makes for a very rough ride. I constantly have the desire to shift to neutral to stop the shifting. Clearly a step down from the 2011 Accord. The Navigation system is also a downgrade from the 2011 model. Be cautious with buying the vehicle especially if you have been happy with previous accords.

Love the car, needs more "Sport"
By pablocruze2 on 09/24/13 22:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After 3 months and 5,800 miles I am over all happy with my Accord Sport. The excellent manual transmission really gives this car some character, and it succeeds in its mission as a fun, affordable commuter car as well as a family hauler. I took a very close look at the new Mazda 6 Touring MT (an excellent car) but the Accord won out on virtue of superior head room (for my tall family), outward visibility, better shifter and the smoother, higher revving engine. I would have preferred to have had a bit more sport added from the factory (front seats, suspension, steering wheel feedback and small interior details) which would have transformed it into a front wheel drive quasi-sport sedan.

Much Better Than Expected
By craig106 on 09/18/13 13:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After a couple months, 5,000 miles and a road trip here's my take on the Accord. Fuel economy is outstanding, equal or better than the EPA estimates. 36+ on the highway typically cruising 5+ over the posted speed limit. 33 mpg combined since purchase but admittedly much of it was hwy miles. The car is designed around fuel efficiency. The Ambient meter is a brilliant but simple reminder giving instant feedback of your driving habits. The cabin is much quieter and improved over previous models. The CVT transmission takes a little getting used to but not a big deal. In fact the more I drive it the more I appreciate it's smoothness. The stereo reads the media quickly and sounds good.

Will keep you updated...
By spartan949 on 09/18/13 10:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Well I originally was looking at the EX-L however did not really like the touch screen below the main screen. I opted for the Sport mainly for the wheels and the control knob below the main info screen. I prefer knobs over touch screens. Personal preference. Car feel larger inside then it looks, and the ride is firm yet in control. Was never a fan of CVT trans however I can honestly say that you rarely feel any of the rubber band pulling that I have expierenced in my Honda Insight. They may have started to figure it out. I personally liked the Mazda 6 however the only positive I had to buying Mazda was that it had a automatic trans opposed to CVT. Otherwise the Accord wins in all areas.

Nice, but Horrible Stereo !
By pjd10 on 09/16/13 17:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I'm happy with this car. Looks nice, fun to drive, good gas mileage and comfortable. My only beef with this car is the poor quality stereo system. During the test drive my focus was on so many things that I that I really didn't check the sound system out like I should have. I took it for granted that Honda put in a good stereo like on my last Honda. They didn't! Honda, if you read these reviews, please come up with a fix for this.

EX-L 4cyl after 4 months 7500mi
By accordlady on 09/15/13 19:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my '06Accord after 138K. Mostly this is a solid car with good acceleration and comfort, especially the leather seats. I read the CVT was jerky, but after the test drive, decided it was not enough to bother me. After 7K, the jerkiness was worse esp when it was cold. Dealer said this was normal. But if you must drive slowly at first thru a residential area, be prepared, it can get on your nerves after a while. But once on the road and able to accelerate, it is very smooth. The only other thing I am disappointed about is the stereo system. After paying almost $30K for a car, you would expect a decent system. This is not one.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Accord in VA is:

$143 per month*