2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews 3

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Buyer's remorse for me too
By bc6 on 02/03/14 11:06 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a 2008 Accord sedan for this 2013 Accord Coupe, EX with leather and nav. I wish I hadn't done that. Why? The primary reason is the Coupe's ride quality. My 2008 Accord was smooth as silk. The new car is best described as uncomfortably harsh. You feel every bump. I could see this being an exhausting ride, especially for a long drive. Maybe new tires will help? I probably won't know for 3 years or so, when it's time to get new tires. Assuming I can deal with riding in a car with no suspension for 3 years. I suggest anyone considering a new Accord take the car for a lengthy test drive over a variety of street surfaces.

Steering Column makes noise when turning slow
By amy_t on 01/25/14 14:59 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Have a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L, purchased new June 2013, after a few months it started making a noticeable but soft popping/clicking noise coming from the steering column when turning the steering wheel. Took it to the dealer twice, they replaced the parts covering the airbag inside the steering column (steering angle sensor & combination bracket), and then finally admitted that there is no known fix to this noise. The Honda service rep even pointed out that a few people working for Honda have experienced the same noise from their 2013 Accords. I'm very disappointed and even embarrassed that I'm stuck with a new car that makes a funny noise.

Many rattles
By wstrange on 01/21/14 05:45 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

When I purchased my first Honda, a 2013 Accord, I expected a consistent vehicle that was comfortable to drive and easy to maintain. While the new features are nice to have, they don't outweigh the incessant rattling noise coming from the dashboard. The dealerships don't seem to know how to fix it, which makes the situation even worse. When you purchase a new vehicle like an Accord, you expect the Honda name to hold up. I have a different opinion of Honda now.

Oil pump, timing chain failure at 15,200 miles
By fishrman1 on 01/18/14 19:15 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

2013 Accord LX, CVT Auto, 15,200 miles (bought new). A few seconds after starting the car, it made a horrendous grinding, screeching sound, with every indicator light on. I did not drive it, and it was towed to a dealer. It needed a new oil pump, timing chain, sprocket, etc - all covered under warranty. The dealer had no idea why the failure occured, and had never seen this on a Honda with so few miles. It took a week to repair, which was a major inconvenience. The car ran fine with no problems at all prior to this incident. I am sorry I purchased a Honda with so many other choices out there. I was sold on their legandary reliability.

Accord EX
By raj75 on 12/09/13 14:09 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Nice car. I did test drive all other cars Camry, altima,passat,fusion but this car stood out number 1 and i bought it. My point of view most valuable car..interms of real value. Perfect balance.I drove to airport with 3 guys(me not included) with 3 big size lugauage bags, as the driver I felt like 2 people going in the car. Unbelivable!

Still in the Honeymoon, but Feeling Much Love
By eljefe68 on 12/09/13 08:48 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My wife's '04 VW Passat GLS 4Motion came to its deserving end due to an accident and subsequent declaration as a total loss. We were looking at CUV's, but cost and fuel economy were concerns. My wife had 3 requests: better MPG, a moonroof, and cloth seats. In looking at sedans, I just could not see a boring Camry, and the spotty build quality of our Passat soured me on another VW. I found our 2013 Accord EX, Alabster Silver with black interior as a CPO car with just 12,800 miles on it. To my amazement, my wife, who has accused me of being a blinded Hondaphile, said, after driving this Accord, that it "spoke" to her. Four days into ownership, both of us are very pleased.

Hondalink is CRAP!!!
By kjasmine on 12/04/13 19:59 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This system does not work 50% of the time. It does not understand voice commands 70% of the time. It does not retain speed dial numbers. It does not accept Gracenote updates for the HDD. It takes 10 minutes after starting to allow you to access controls for audio using the knobs but prompts use of voice commands which do not WORK!!!

It's been excellent, with some exceptions
By fuguf1sh on 11/26/13 08:25 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just ticked over 17000 miles with my 2013 Accord EX-L V6 (with Nav). Other than the initial connectivity problems with the audio head unit they have been trouble-free. The car performs well and is capable of some excellent fuel economy. I have had highway drives of over 42MPG which is extraordinary given the 278hp V6. The 6AT trans is smooth and responsive. It has excellent fit and finish, a smooth and quiet but busy ride, reasonable handling given LRR tires, excellent interior and trunk room. The interior remains tight and rattle free.

small oil leak from CVT transmission seal to engine
By gmount on 11/14/13 11:20 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purcahased a new accord sport July 15 2013 with 3 miles on it. At my first oil change at 6500 miles, I noticed a small oil leak (1 drop) where the CVT bolts to the engine. I took it to the dealer for a warranty repair.Possible torque convert seal issue. I will post more details when the repair is finished. I am dissapointed about Honda transmission problems this early in the game. I will say the dealer was quick (no appointment) and offered a shuttle to work. If all goes well and the problem does not return all is good. sound like many people will face this same trouble. Fix it before the 30,000 miles waranty expires.

Steering Wheel Noise & Break Noise
By inkwell4ll on 11/06/13 13:04 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 Honda Accord V6 used with 10k miles on the odometer; I now have 12k after a month of driving. I’ve noticed the ticking noise in the steering wheel and a metal on metal scraping noise coming from the brakes. I’m taking it to the dealer tomorrow for their diagnostics of the problem. The exterior redesigned is one of major reasons I settled on the Honda not to mention its track record for reliability. The DNA of this car is Honda, I’m positive the engineers were not shooting for a 4dr NSX when they redesigned the Accord. With that being said, what I was looking for was a middle of the road transporter with decent gas mileage.