Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Accord Sport at 10K miles - solid all around
By altima13sv

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Extremely happy with my 2013 Accord Sport. Received around 26 miles per gallon for the first 9,000 miles and then over the next 1,000 miles, it jumped to around 30. Now broken in, it feels quicker and is becoming more fun to drive. The build quality is rock solid, not even the slightest rattle from anywhere. Sport mode is fun on the highway for zipping around people. Seats are comfortable. The interior is attractive and all the materials you touch are high quality. Love the leather trim on the doors, wheel, and armrest. Miss a sunroof and push start but can't complain because the price was resonable. Everything just feels solid and I could see myself driving it for 200,000 miles!

Build quality is fantastic! Leather trim details on Sport version. Great looking rims. Nice interior design. Ipod and bluetooth. Comfortable for entire family.

Have a sunroof option on the sport model or make it standard. It would be worth an extra $1,000. Make the push button start standard.

Not quite what I expected
By eddiejd

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After 9,000 miles and 11 months of ownership, here are my comments. DO NOT get the remote starter. It is a royal PIA on the EX model with push button start. When you remote start the vehicle and get in it, the engine automatically stalls and you have to restart the engine. For every remote start you have to restart the engine. Gee Honda, great for your starter and battery. Real poor design. I would remove the remote start system but it would cost ME money to do it! Also, you cannot exit a running vehicle and try to lock it to run an errand, it won't let you! The stereo if horrible. The AM is twice as loud as the FM. Very poor quality stereo.

Sunroof is great. Backup camera is great as is the right turn signal camera. Paint quality seems great so far.

Needs a much better stereo. A left turn camera view would have been nice too. A revamped remoter starter system that doesn't stall the car when you get into it and one that lets you leave the engine running and lock the door. Better engine road spray protection. After a New England winter my black engine has white salt spray all over it!! Get rid of the Honda logo and warning on the display screen on start-up. Probably the last car I will buy so I guess I am stuck with it. Almost traded it in for another Nissan Altima. Also, get rid of that annoying ding dong that starts your television ads for HONDA, that's almost reason enough to get rid of the vehicle.

Fast and Cheap
By alfredf

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After 8 months of ownership, the title sums it all up. I cannot think of another sedan in this segment, and at this price, that can eclipse the performance of the Accord Sport with the 6-speed manual. Good acceleration, surprisingly high cornering limits and arguably the best shifter this side of BMW. The trade off is a set of truly awful Goodyear Eagle LS 2 tires (loud, no grip in wet, overly stiff), a spartan but functional interior with terrible seat fabric and the cheapest door plastic in the industry. Also did I mention the squeaks and rattles after only 5k miles.

Excellent handling and precise shifter. Well laid out interior with unbelievable amount of interior space. As roomy as my friends' 7-series.

Replaced the horrible Goodyear tires after 3k miles with Michelins, road and wind noise remain a constant bother, really cheap plastic trim from the weird polkadots on the dash to the recycled black styrofoam door panels, exterior paint limited to black or gray, punishingly hard and uncomfortable seat fabric.

Great Coupe
By ohgeez10

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my '13 Dodge Challenger R/T for this '13 Accord Coupe V6 and couldn't be happier. I've owned 20+ cars in my lifetime and have never been brand loyal to any manufacture. If I like the car, then I'll buy it. This car was used and 11k miles on it. Paint was almost flawless with a few small nicks in the front bumper but after some detailing and touch up paint, you can't see it any longer. The vehicle has a sporty feel and quiet on the road although the suspension can be a little jarring on rough roads. Nice acceleration and doesn't make a lot of noise doing it (cough..Dodge..cough). I believe this car is almost as quick as my Challenger.

Favorite features: *Back up camera. *Camera that's in the passenger mirror for blind spot monitoring. *Lane watch *FCW (forward collision warning) *Great V6 engine *Sporty coupe styling *Nice looking 18" wheels *Beautiful two tone (black/ivory) leather seating goes great along with the black paint. *MID (multi informational display) *Pandora/XM intergration *Blue-tooth *LED daytime running lights *Pretty decent rear comfort seating, for a coupe *Good trunk space *Sporty handling *Moonroof

As for improvements, I really can't think of any I would want on this car.

The Apple of Automobiles
By rtroiani

2013 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

When you use Apple gear, it is a joy because everything "just works". I find it the same way with Hondas. I now have a few hundred miles on my 2014 EX Coupe and I still smile every time I get in. It has sporty performance, very comfortable, and just enough tech to be helpful, but not get in the way.

My favorite features are the push button start, auto unlock and auto headlights to name a few. You can't imagine how convenient it is not to dig a key out of your pocket with your hands full to start the car until you don't have to do it. And leaving the headlights on Auto all the time is brilliant. Why have I been doing this manually all these years? Because not everyone things of it. Also love the programmable features such as how the doors unlock (just driver, driver + passenger, etc.).

The paddle shifters on the CVT seem to not be very useful, so I don't use them. The Mazda 3's paddle shifters were much more engaging, but no big deal. Also, a seatbelt holder on the driver's side would help in reaching for it when you are short like me and have the seat far forward.