2013 Honda Accord sedan acceleration hessitation
By fair2us on
2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I brought my 2013 Honda Accord to Orr Honda of Hot Springs to have back up sensors installed in January 2013. I left it at the dealership and Travis called to tell me that the backup installation kit that I was having them install was missing some pieces. Since they had my vehicle, I asked that a technician ride in the vehicle to identify why it was causing a small stutter, jerking and hesitation when gently accelerating. I was told that the technician said that this was normal in the new Accords and that I had nothing to worry about. Over time, it seems that the stutter/jerking/hesitation has become more prevalent, so I called Honda’s customer service to complain about the issue.
Favorite Features
exterior design
Suggested Improvements
Honda needs to listen to it's customers.
By wcascrs
on 06/17/13 11:51 AM (PDT)

Depends on what kind of CVT it is. If it's a full power split acting as eCVT as found in Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive, it's going to be butter smooth. Too bad Toyota doesn't shoot for the driving dynamics and interior class Honda does. Can someone put the two companies in a blender, take the best from both? Not here to plug Toyota, but I can say HSD is so smooth. I'm looking forward to Accord Hybrid coming about Sept 2013. All new, so we'll see how that pans out.

By brymil2
on 05/14/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

I have been having the same issue with the cvt trans. I commute in stop and go traffic and the jerkiness is pretty noticeable. On the highway or with normal acceleration, it is not an issue although on at least two occasions when acceleration quickly, the car bucked a couple of times before taking off. Fair2us, did you ever get the trans issue resolved? I have yet to bring mine in for service but plan to soon.

By mred72
on 03/20/13 18:42 PM (PDT)

Nissan Altima has the same problems! Yep, "it's normal." This is the new wave of Governmental standards imposed on car manufacturers. Indeed, get used to it. Honda is just starting now, but Nissan started several years ago with CVT's. They suck.

By fair2us
on 06/20/14 18:39 PM (PDT)

No, brymil2, this issue was never solved. Honda could care less.