2013 Honda Accord LX (CVT Automatic)
By neijhari on
2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
My 2013 Honda Accord w/CVT has serious issues. Over the last three months I started experiencing abnormal hesitation while trying to accelerate from a standstill position. I have had to depress the accelerator all the way down to board for several seconds (5 - 8 seconds) before the car would jerkingly jump into proper gear to move forward. The dealership changed a kit on it at least twice which initially seemed to have corrected the problem but after about a week or two the problem is recurring. Then on June 14 an addt'l problem occurred where the car started a quick forward jerking motion at 40mph. Honda knows the issue but keeps denying the problem exists as they cannot replicate.
Suggested Improvements
The buyer is not responsible for the manufacturers malfunction so Honda should swiftly fix the existing problem and not try to sweep it under the carpet because their techs cant seem to find or duplicate the issue on their computers. 1. offer the client a loaner of at least the same size while their car is being worked on 2. Get your client into a new car without them having to foot the expense after they've repeatedly & unsuccesfully tried to have the dealership fix it. 3. Buy the car back from the client for cash at the current market value allowing them to pay off their loan and use the remaining cash to purchase another car.
By ybert
on 06/22/14 20:27 PM (PDT)

Here is some info. to digest, if your left foot is touching the brake pedal as your driving the car will stall for a second or two that's part of the design also was my problem as I am a two foot driver.