Used 2013 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Love my Honda!
By seabeav

2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Accord Coupe in May and took it in June on a 3000 mile road trip. I could not have been more pleased with the performance. The sound system does have a little quirkiness but definitely not a deal breaker. It has a comfortable ride but not luxurious. After a few hours on the road the seat seems hard, but my back was perfect. The styling is sporty and I believe the Honda reputation helped me choose this car over others I had considered. I have owned two other Hondas previously, a '92 Accord and an '01 CRV. Gas mileage is just as was presented on the sticker. With air conditioner running I get around 32-34 on the highway and 23-24 in town.

Favorite Features

Interior styling, leather two tone seating, nice power, exterior style of the coupe. Really, everything except what is listed below.

Suggested Improvements

The drivers side seat belt is terrible. The position when in use rubs against my neck and is completely annoying. This might have been a deal breaker because it takes the fun out of the ride! I got some shoulder pads for it and now, although a little annoying does not rub my neck. Also, the center console could extend a little more so it can actually be used as an arm rest. I had a repair patch for the sound system, when done it took away some design options for the clock...sad about that. Lastly, power passenger seat should have been standard on my model.

Love this car!
By rydog75

2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Two weeks, and 800 miles in, and I love this car. Despite my 60+ mile daily, roundtrip commute, my Prius was driving me crazy. No power, poor handling, and noisy! I wanted something that was going to be just as reliable, addressing all of my complaints about the Prius, still getting reasonably good mileage. I almost got the 4-cyl Accord, but I'm so glad I went for the V6. Even though I keep it in eco mode most of the time, there is always plenty of power on tap. At highway speeds, it's quiet, but you can still hear the engine growl when pressed. The fuel economy is within claimed range, and getting better with every tank. The infotainment system takes some getting used to.

Favorite Features

The engine. The cabin. The sporty feel. And I like the eco mode. Reminds me to drive with a lighter foot.

Suggested Improvements

The infotainment system does lag at times. And the LDW is annoying. I really dislike the chrome door handles. And the bright works in the cabin are literally blinding when driving into the sun. Too many shiny bits. And finally, the glittery looking plastic surround on the radio and shift gate is just ridiculous. Looks like a 14 year old girl picked it out.

1,200 miles & Won't Start. Back to the shop we go :(
By peaches04

2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall great design & performance for the Money. Very disappointed with the reliability, and Honda service. Honda has by far the absolutely WORST customer service, I have ever experienced. Currently my Accord is back in the shop for going on four days, no updates, calls and the vehicle is still not fixed. Finally got a loaner on the third day,and dealt with rude, under trained associates who gave me a filthy loaner car, with no update on my vehicles repairs, instead it was still sitting exactly where it was towed. Can't wait to get it back so I can go get my 2014 Lexus Is

Favorite Features

Styling

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, and reliability

Honda is back on track!
By hardtoplease2

2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I loved my 2000 Accord SE, but it was time to pass it down, and get myself something new. This Coupe is amazing. I have driven many manual trannies, but this one is the best. The engine has plenty of power, tugging smoothly at the low end and breathtakingly at the high end - and it makes wonderful sounds! There's always a correct gear to select. Positioning of all controls is great. With only 200 miles on it, I got 30 mpg on a 460 mile trip, with a combination of city and mostly high speed highway, cruising at 80 mph (the speed limit in that part of Texas, thank you) and making no attempt to be frugal. City-only is averaging 24, again without trying. Sound system is awesome.

Favorite Features

Ride is European: firm but never ever harsh. The engine is velvet-smooth, and while it sounds wonderful, but is never loud, and does not interfere with the sound system. The camera on the right side mirror more than makes up for the "blind" spot caused by the coupe styling (which isn't nearly as "blind" as the automotive press suggests.) Handling inspires confidence, the brakes are powerful and easy to modulate.

Suggested Improvements

More color choices for the V6 6-speed. Black, ticket-me red, and casket gray is all there is, and only with a black interior. While that's not ideal for the Texas heat, the air conditioning is excellent, and it might be nice in the winter! I also prefer the instrument layout on the 2000 Accord ... the tach is easier to see on it, and with a 6-speed, I actually use it. The backup camera is blurred with water drops after driving in the rain (I don't know if other cars have this same problem.)

Best Accord Yet!
By tstapleton

2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This review is for our 2013, Accord V-6 EX-L coupe. We are third time accord owners, 1993 station wagon, a 2008 sedan and now our coupe. We purchased a V-6 EX-L coupe in March 2013. The Accord was purchased to replace our 2009 Infiniti G37S, and we are happy with the swap.

Favorite Features

The Accord over a 6,000-mile period is averaging 30.6 mpg over a 50/50 mixed driving style. Our longest trip yielded 34.6 mpg and we routinely achieve 34 mpg on the highway for trips. I calculate our mileage by hand and compare it to the system on board, we have found for the life of the vehicle the onboard computer is usually off by about a one mpg. Our in town drives usually yield 25 to 27 mpg. The driving position is very comfortable and is one of the reasons we sold our G37, the drivers seat in the accord is excellent. The Active noise reduction is very well done

Suggested Improvements

The audio system (once recalled and updated) is powerful, clear however; I still do not get the two-screen idea. The menu is slightly confusing initially and not quite as intuitive as the Infiniti or nearly as well as our F-150. Even with the update applied to the radio, we still have issues that are repeatable with the iPhone attached to the USB port. I think Honda still has a little work on the i-MID system.