2013 Honda Accord 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - 2.4L Sport

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

2.4L Sport
By springman on

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Picked up a 2.4L Sport yesterday. My 6th Honda although I have had many other brands. For once you now get floor mats at n.e.c! No one cries more then Honda when you try to negotiate. Go in and hit them hard and mention you shopped VW. That gets them real active. I got mine for 23,471 with wheel locks. Then they came up with a zero down lease- they pay taxes and tags- great. Car is impressive. Seats now are comfortable and the Sport has the spoiler and dual exhaust and 4 more hp. The engine is smooth as silk. The Insight was coarse compared to this. Finally the road noise is subdued. You do hear a whoosh noise when driving though. I'm getting 34-36 mpg highway. Honda has improved!

Favorite Features

The 2.4L four. I had many V6-V8's and not interested in them. At 189 hp this is perfect for me. For those old Firebird- Trans Am folks this car handles like those did. 18" tires and the Sport suspension are taunt but smooth and not too stiff. CVT- you hear much groaning about them. I prefer them and this Honda is the best one out there. My 2010 Insight had one and this is much improved. I'm a big fan of this drive train. The inside view of this car is like a bubble top- commanding view of the road and the back up camera is tops. Interior materials are very heavy duty- cloth with nice leather accents on the doors. Again the 2.4L is a world beater

Suggested Improvements

Honda dealerships need to chill. Mention VW for your best price. The center gauges are too busy for me. It takes a long time to decipher what you need to know. New alloys are grey color. I do prefer the old bright aluminum. The Sport was ideal for me- just the right extras and a great price. Dual exhaust look great- but don't buy them for sound- they make little noise. Finally Honda has made a car I look forward to driving instead of an appliance. I considered the Camry, Altima, and Malibu. Oh- Honda does not supply free road service, You have to buy that now at around $350-bad move!
By springman
on 10/20/12 04:55 AM (PDT)

When you start talking price and they balk tell them the other cars your looking at and you can get a better deal etc. Also tell them they are no longer the only game in town.......

By ssherma2
on 10/10/12 14:09 PM (PDT)

Hello, quick question for you... so how did you negotiate the price with the dealership? Did you say you may purchase the Passat because it is cheaper?