Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

instrument display problems
By american

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Picked up my ex-l on Monday,everything was as good as Honda advertized, EXCEPT for the instrument display daytime brightness.the dealer salesman and their tech played around for an hour or more trying to adjust it.They called Honda corporate tech support who says it is set at the factory and can not be adjusted any better.i'm not a happy camper spending a lot of money on a faulty display.I called the Honda customer service who took note of the problem. I think I'll have to keep after them to see if anything can be improved.

roomy cabin ,interior colrs,roomy rear seating Large trunk - especially for golfers,

seats need improvement(I had a maxima great seats),folding outside mirrors electrically controlled would help getting into my garage.Of course improve lighting on the daytime instrument display is a must, larger door pockets.I'm sure i can find more room for improvement after i have the car a while.

Getting better!
By jill59

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Wow. And I was getting ready to give up on Honda. Purchased my first Honda in 1985 and they were awesome cars until about 10 years ago; I noticed reliability and fit and finish deteriorating badly. I saw the revamped 2013 Accord and read the reviews. I decided to try one more time...MUCH improved but still a ways to go. The interior fit and finish is reminiscent of older days quality-excellent. There is still a bit of cheap hard plastic though. The CVT does not bother me at all and I find the 38mpg I have been getting amazing (ECO on). Road noise is still evident but not as bad as before. Comfortable ride as I commute 100 miles daily. Stereo so-so. Curious to see if reliability improves.

Love the standard features. Nicest looking Accord in a LONG time. I do not notice the jerking of the CVT that other people have spoken of. Awesome gas mileage. Love the "chrome" accents...just right, not gaudy. Great rearview camera, ease of controls. Handles extremely well. All in all a keeper.

Slide the drivers side door controls up on an angle like the 1998 Accord. This pushes the armrest forward to allow for short people! The floor mats are cheap. The sunroof visor is cheap cardboard and I am afraid I will break it. Ditto for the ceiling. There is a design flaw with the windshield. The drivers wiper pulls water back onto the windshield with the return swipe during mod/heavy rain - safety hazard. XM on all models!!! Hate the crappy Goodyear's. Put Michelins on all models. What happened to the flat floor in the back? It's a hump now.

Horrible milage
By np070209

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car itself is a fun car to drive. Looks and drives great. My complaint is that it come nowhere close to the mileage they claim in the city, at least not yet. Honda claims you should receive about 20 MPG in the city. These calculations are also based without the Econ button you can use which also, is supposed to increase mileage. My first tank of gas I got around 13.4 MPG, this was mostly city driving. Of coarse I called the dealer and I was told the car needed to be broke in, the computer needed to learn my driving habits. This would take 5000 miles for the car to be broke in and learn my habits. so far, not even close to claimed mileage. Look forward to buying another Infiniti.

The car is a blast to drive and if I had to change one thing it would be the Navagation and the the whole phone/music system. Took it back for Galpon Honda to teach me and they either didn't know themselves or didn't care. They had the money and a signed deal.

Make the whole Phone/Navagation/Audio system easier to use. Also the voice comand for storing numbers is a absolute joke. It can't recognioze shory words like Mom. So when you attach a Voice Tag to a stored number your saying Mom's home phone. Bills cell phone. Kinda a pain in the rear.

Just buy it already.
By barkman003

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Love the cvt. The black color is expensive looking. Attracts a crowd everywhere it is parked. I am 6'3" and have tons of leg room and head room. Stereo sucks when set on radio, but sounds good through Aux. or blu. It is just 4 speakers and reminds me of the sound of my car stereos from the 80's and 90's. It is fast and handles well. Ride is sporty firm, but still very comfortable. The goodyear tires are OK, but would rather have had the Michelins. The interior lighting is lacking and looks kind of cheap when the dome light is lit. Headlights are bright. Arm rest is perfect. Steering wheel is good size and easy to grip. I am thinking about buying a another one to drive i like it that much.

Cvt, color black. wheels are nice. Looks expensive. Built well. good gas mileage. drives really nice and fun.

The stereo needs updating. Interior lighting is not good enough and cheap looking.

Glad I selected the Sport model
By mxi81

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my first Honda after trading in my 2003 Mazda6s and so far I have been pleased. It lacks the performance of my old V6 mazda, but still performs well overall. The mpg has been around 30 combined on 50/50 mixed highway/local driving. I tested the Altima, Accord, & Fusion and ultimately the Accord won for the value and what I'm hoping will be long term reliability. The interior is nice and spacious, though the front headrests are a little uncomfortable unless you position the seat appropriately. I haven't noticed wind noise with my vehicle as other reviews stated, so maybe it is not present on the Sport models. Take a hwy test drive if you can to test for the problem.

The car has pretty responsive handling, and it does run fairly quietly at all speeds for me. It accelerates fairly quick for a 4 cylinder and runs fairly smooth. The outward appearance of the sport model makes it look nice with out going over the top to try and make the accord look sportier than it really is. The standard dual zone AC is a nice touch on the interior, and it has a lot of interior space that can hold 4 adults easily and comfortably.

The headrest is actually the most bothersome part of the car. The inward tilt can be a little uncomfortable given the stiffness. It was sort of disappointing to see that an otherwise comfortable interior had this issue as head/neck comfort makes long drives easier. The brakes are a little too sensitive for me, which is more a driver preference thing than anything. Not a fan of the split driver side mirror. A mute button on the steering wheel audio controls would be a nice addition. Having only black cloth available on the sport model limited my options to a degree since I would have preferred tan just so it didn't get quite as hot in the summer.