Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

The V-6 Vibrator--Don't Buy!
By frogee

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After five months with the extremely annoying vibration from my Accord, I traded it on a 2010 Infiniti G37, taking a big financial hit. Honda says the vibration is "normal", as in normal for a 3-cylinder car, that is. Unfortunately, this condition was not apparent on the test drive, so be forewarned if you are considering purchasing the V-6. Variable Cylinder Management may yield very good MPG, but at the expense of a terrible drive experience. I have requested compensation from American Honda, but am not optimistic.

Comfort, good power when actually using all six cylinders

Either get rid of the Variable Cylinder Management feature or make it less aggressive. It was not noticeable at speeds over 65mph but was terrible around town at 45mph.

Mixed Review
By brymil2

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have a fairly long commute and after narrowing down mid size cars by gas mileage, the 2013 Accord was one of few choices. After drive tests and seeing what the car offered for the price, I thought is was a great bargain. It's sharp looking and has a great interior and lots of features for the price. And, the gas mileage has been phenomenal! I am averaging around 35mpg in approximately 65/35% highway/city driving. There is one issue that is ruining my new car experience. The CVT transmission is jerky at low speeds. It is quite noticeable and irritating in my stop and go commuting. I recommend test driving the car quite a bit before making your choice to see if the trans is jerky.

Interior design and features. Gas mileage is also excellent for such a large car!

Honda needs to address the CVT jerkiness issue as there are enough complaints out there on the web indicating it may be a widespread problem. Even MotorTrend commented on the "jerkiness at parking lot speeds" in their review of the Accord. This may not be a deal killer for all drivers. But when I drop thousands on a new car, I don't expect any jerkiness from the trans, CVT or regular automatic!

13' Accord Sport all the way!!!
By sss39

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought the Accord Sport less than two weeks ago and so far its met all of my expectations. This is coming from a Ford family. Just got tired of Ford products falling apart and feeling cheap, and you know its time to move on when the rest of the family doesn't want to drive/sit in it. Test drove the Sonata, Optima, Altima, Fusion, and Accord, and the Accord just felt right from the get go. Honda isn't the flashiest but that's ok, what it does do is build good, solid, reliable cars and the 13' Accord Sport, to me looks sportier than the other cars in its class. For all the standard equipment in the Accord Sport, I am sure the other vehicles in its class would be quite higher.

Rear-view camera, Bluetooth, Display, Car design, Econ mode, roomy interior and non-busy dashboard

Wish it had a 50/50 or 60/40 fold down rear seats instead of the entire seat coming down and have push button start standard on Sport model.

Lovin' my new Accord!!!
By janey81

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Wow - I absolutely love my new car! Honda has really done an outstanding job with the new styling and features! I have always loved their cars and this is my 4th one. I just traded in my Civic that I bought brand new 10 years ago and drove over 161K miles with never any problems! The new Accord is such a smooth ride and I haven't experienced any of the road noise that some of the other reviewers have commented on. For the price and value, I don't think any other car can beat this one! Love love love!

Pandora, Bluetooth, Back-up Camera, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, 8" Color Screen, 18" Wheels, Interior Design, Exterior Body Style, Smooth Ride, Fuel Economy... Everything about it!

My car is still brand new so I still need some time to break it in! Sound system is good, but perhaps they can add some more speakers!

Sport CVT- The way to go!
By adamsmw6

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After looking at my sedans and a current Mazda owner.. I chose the Accord Sport CVT Sedan. The dark blue color is amazing, the appearance options that the sport offers are very attractive, and the CVT with paddle shifters are amazing! The seats compared to the other sedans were the most comfortable and the 10 way power seat is great. The quality of the interior is very good! Lots of rear seat room. I'd recommend this car. I drove the Mazda6... And it was the biggest competition. After owning several Mazdas... I wanted something that would hold value more so I went with Honda, and not looking back! I opted for a 7 year 84,000 mile warranty too.

Interior is very sporty and super comfortable. Love the Pandora set up and large display for the radio and back up camera. The design of this one is very attractive as well.

Add moonroof and upgraded radio (Bose) option to Sport model. The speakers in this one could be better.. All else is good! I wouldn't trade it.