Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I'm so Happy with my new car!
By jnh2

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I fell in love with Honda Accord after I seeing someone driving a Black 2013 EX-L earlier this year. I previously only owned Toyota's (2 Camry's and a RAV 4) but decided to give the Accord. I decided to go for the EX-L w/NAV and it was a great decision. The cloth in the EX looks really cheap, but the leather in the EX-L is luxurious and feels great. This is my first car with a NAV system so the features takes some getting used to. The gas mileage is much better than any of my Toyota's, but I'm not sure that the ECON button is saving me any money on gas. I love that there is enough space in the back seat for my kids which is a definite plus, and the trunk is huge for groceries and shopping.

Favorite Features

By far, the smart key and push button start are the best features since I usually carry a big purse and can never find my keys. The side view camera is so useful; I didn't think I would need it but it comes in handy. The back-up camera is fantastic as well, especially since it has 3 different views. I also love the touch screen radio and the feel of the leather seats. They are really cushiony and comfortable. The interior/exterior designs are really stylish and the gas mileage is great. Lastly, I really like the Bluetooth PHONE connectivity and the ride is very, very smooth. The side and front lane detections are useful... but annoying.

Suggested Improvements

The extended driver’s side mirror is a bit distracting and awkward; I would rather not have it. I also think that the front cup-holders are too far back and uncomfortable to reach when driving. Also, there is no place for change (coins), more storage would be useful. By far though, the most disappointing feature is the Ipod and Bluetooth Audio connectivity. The radio doesn’t allow you to access your playlist from the radio screen and the search feature when using Ipod and Bluetooth is soooo limited! Toyota has Honda beat with Ipod and Bluetooth connectivity.

Loving my Accord
By suydam

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my EX-L 4 cyl. CVT 3 months ago. The more time I spend with it the more I love it. Everything about it is effortless -- it drives well, it's comfortable, all controls are a breeze to operate. It's amazing how many features are included for the price -- leather, backup camera, lane watch, right turn camera, bluetooth, XM, Ipod interfaces. Have taken it on two long trips and it is extremely comfortable even on bad roads. A very quiet Honda too! I love the fuel economy and the fact that it takes regular fuel. Time will tell how it holds up but at this point it is a truly wonderful car.

Favorite Features

1. Backup camera. I'll never be without one again. 2. The two screen setup where you can move through different functions without losing the audio interface. Every time I learn something new about the audio I find out it's a breeze to use. 3. Fuel economy -- averaging 33 mpg. Regular fuel. 4. Comfortable seats and great ergonomics. 5. Effortless driving that I now take for granted. 6. Keyless entry. 7. CVT is very unobtrusive -- no noisy drone like with some. You would never know it was CVT from how it drives.

Suggested Improvements

1. Homelink transmitter!! Why is this not included? 2. It is not a large car but could be a tad smaller. 3. Have a nice blue color available -- right now the only choice looks black with blue flecks. 4. Small arm rest that doesn't hold much. Put a USB port in there so the ipod wouldn't be visible from outside. I like the arm rest/cupholder layout of the Altima better. 5. Remote start would be a plus.

Sport Manual Rocks!
By lokerola

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2013 Accord with the 6 speed manual and it's fantastic. It drives with precision, yet isn't twitchy. the manual is just one of the best I've ever used - snick, snick like butter into each gear. I also love the car isn't bogged down with too much technology. It seems like every mfg. is trying to outdo each other with tech goodies, when what most people want is a basic, good, easy, yet fun to drive car. I fear this Accord may be the last of those honest, easy to drive, basic cars. If you like to shift yourself, and like a bit of sport with you r dive and don't want a ton of tech goodies - it doesn't get much better than a 2013 Accord Sport with a manual.

Favorite Features

Transmission - clutch, shifter, throws, etc. Driving feel - hard to quantify, but you know it when you drive it. Perfect balance of feel, sport, comfort. Seats - very nice and supportive. Engine - smooth, revs great, good torque for a 4 cylinder

Suggested Improvements

Not much here. Split folding rear seat would be nice.

instrument display problems
By american

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Picked up my ex-l on Monday,everything was as good as Honda advertized, EXCEPT for the instrument display daytime brightness.the dealer salesman and their tech played around for an hour or more trying to adjust it.They called Honda corporate tech support who says it is set at the factory and can not be adjusted any better.i'm not a happy camper spending a lot of money on a faulty display.I called the Honda customer service who took note of the problem. I think I'll have to keep after them to see if anything can be improved.

Favorite Features

roomy cabin ,interior colrs,roomy rear seating Large trunk - especially for golfers,

Suggested Improvements

seats need improvement(I had a maxima great seats),folding outside mirrors electrically controlled would help getting into my garage.Of course improve lighting on the daytime instrument display is a must, larger door pockets.I'm sure i can find more room for improvement after i have the car a while.

Getting better!
By jill59

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Wow. And I was getting ready to give up on Honda. Purchased my first Honda in 1985 and they were awesome cars until about 10 years ago; I noticed reliability and fit and finish deteriorating badly. I saw the revamped 2013 Accord and read the reviews. I decided to try one more time...MUCH improved but still a ways to go. The interior fit and finish is reminiscent of older days quality-excellent. There is still a bit of cheap hard plastic though. The CVT does not bother me at all and I find the 38mpg I have been getting amazing (ECO on). Road noise is still evident but not as bad as before. Comfortable ride as I commute 100 miles daily. Stereo so-so. Curious to see if reliability improves.

Favorite Features

Love the standard features. Nicest looking Accord in a LONG time. I do not notice the jerking of the CVT that other people have spoken of. Awesome gas mileage. Love the "chrome" accents...just right, not gaudy. Great rearview camera, ease of controls. Handles extremely well. All in all a keeper.

Suggested Improvements

Slide the drivers side door controls up on an angle like the 1998 Accord. This pushes the armrest forward to allow for short people! The floor mats are cheap. The sunroof visor is cheap cardboard and I am afraid I will break it. Ditto for the ceiling. There is a design flaw with the windshield. The drivers wiper pulls water back onto the windshield with the return swipe during mod/heavy rain - safety hazard. XM on all models!!! Hate the crappy Goodyear's. Put Michelins on all models. What happened to the flat floor in the back? It's a hump now.