2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
The CVT is disappointing
By kkuhns on 11/14/12 17:09 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I had high expectations and have been disappointed. The CVT is jerky and stutters when accelerating at in-town speeds. The dealer checked and it shows no codes, so is within specs. But with the occasional stuttering/jerky CVT, and the stiffer struts, the overall driving experience less than desirable. I'm sorry I didn't detect these things in the test drive. On the positive side, the gas mileage is as good as advertised, or better (w/ the 4 cyli). The interior is nice and roomy, front and back. The bluetooth/phone interface is great and works well. Overall, I would not recommend this car, unless the CVT issue and the stiff ride don't bother you.

Pleasantly surprised w/ performance
By sensibledriver on 11/06/12 18:10 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a white accord sport because I absolutely love the color. I was on the fence on whether to get a 4cyl. vs. 6cyl accord. I almost purchased V6 coupe but felt it wasn't practical for a family. I have owned 04' and 07' V6 accords and was satisfied overall with the quality and performance of them. The quality, appearance and handling of the 2013 sport is far superior to them all. The power isn't quite as pronounced as the V6 but still pulls well. The CVT transmission is the smoothest and quickest one that I have driven out of all competitor 4 cyl. sedans. Fuel mileage has been exceptional (over 30 mpg) and the factory stereo is excellent with controls that are simple to use.

I am in love
By famsert on 11/05/12 06:22 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After doing months of research, I finally settled on the 2013 Accord Sport and I don't regret it one bit. I got the metallic grey colour and I must say it is extremely sexy. To me the design is the perfect mix of being not too conservative but not too trendy. The interior quality is great. Soft touch all around. Couldn't be happier with it. The ride is firm and steering as natural (hydraulic) as possible for EPS. Also, this car is SOLID in turns yet it feels very lightweight. It's weird. I can see the firmness being mistaken for being too harsh though since this feels more german than most mainstream midsize cars. I personally love it and it feels like a driver's car.

Buyer's Remorse
By brdln on 10/30/12 06:46 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

EX-L-4 Wish I'd looked closer & at other cars first to compare. Seat is hard & seat seam hits you wrong. Lttle open space for glasses & badges. Arm rests are next to useless & Very little CD storage. No garage door button on EX-L-4? Rough & hard ride. Can't find comfort spot while seated. Test drive on saleman's route didn't show hard ride, wife drove, her car. Loved previous 3 Accords, kick myself hard for not looking harder at 2013. Already has vibration rattle. Love design, looks, cameras, power, rear seat room, plus other stuff, don't like sitting & driving the car. We will adapt & adjust, have to, but have real remorse about buying it. Loved previous Accords, Not this one.

A great car. Not perfect but excellent
By dougbratman on 10/28/12 11:04 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The Accord is put together very nicely. The power cloth are very adjustable and we just took our first long ride, 300 miles. The seat material is comfortable but is a throwback to the velour seats of 20 years ago. Controls are easy to operate. The EX features dual-zone climate control; heat doesnÂ’t come on until you set it to high. Roomy and secure inside. The rear-view mirror doesn't automatically adjust for bright lights. I was a little surprised at some of the wind noise I heard. On the road the Accord is very confidence inspiring. The CVT operated flawlessly and the acceleration was impressive. At 75 mph the car is quiet and solid. And highway mileage was 33.4 mpg.

I LOVE MY ACCORD SPORT!!
By k00lbr33z3 on 10/19/12 10:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2013 Honda Accord Sport Sedan on 10/15/2012. This is my first Honda and I'm very happy to have made the switch. I was on the fence between this and the 2013 Toyota Camry. I really felt the Accord was the best value for my money and long term use.

2013 sport
By cowbells on 10/08/12 15:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a new accord sport 2 weeks ago. Very nice car,Dealer really started nogh.price when i told them i was buying that day,but was going to a different dealer in another town. Got mine for 22,200 sticker was around 25,000 +i got mud guards,wheel locks,and trunk mat. that they think r worth 600.00. for what i can afford i really like the car. First time i drove it i thought the tach. was broken it hardley moves with the CVT trans.on a nornal take off. Great miles p.g. first day drove 300 miles @80 mph and got 37 mpg with only 20 miles on it when i started. Getting 26 aro und town. Dealer says its fast, but i havn,t seen that yet, but haven'tried keeping RPM'S up till its broken in.

Best Honda I've ever owned
By nchondaguy on 10/04/12 12:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

What a great car. Traded my 09 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 for this car. Opted for the 4 cylinder CVT, and I'm not missing any power. It's super quiet and comfortable. Feels like I'm driving a much higher-end car. Didn't get the NAV, 2k more for it and salesperson advised because she said eventually AHA is going to offer it. And I have an iphone so what's the point. Gave me a $3500 off bc I traded in a honda for a honda, same dealership too. Didn't like the previous sedan model appearance at all, so I thought I would have to get the coupe, but I love the sportiness of the sedan. Great product and great company

2.4L Sport
By springman on 09/29/12 06:25 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Picked up a 2.4L Sport yesterday. My 6th Honda although I have had many other brands. For once you now get floor mats at n.e.c! No one cries more then Honda when you try to negotiate. Go in and hit them hard and mention you shopped VW. That gets them real active. I got mine for 23,471 with wheel locks. Then they came up with a zero down lease- they pay taxes and tags- great. Car is impressive. Seats now are comfortable and the Sport has the spoiler and dual exhaust and 4 more hp. The engine is smooth as silk. The Insight was coarse compared to this. Finally the road noise is subdued. You do hear a whoosh noise when driving though. I'm getting 34-36 mpg highway. Honda has improved!

Worth the Wait
By carguy1212 on 09/28/12 08:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been waiting to buy a new car for a while now and test drove, the optima sx, Hyundai 2.0, Camry, Altima v6 and finally the 2013 Honda accord v6. Out of all the cars, the Honda has surpassed all them in the feel and power. I read alot of negativity on blogs and other websites, but i think these people need to get behind the wheel of this baby. The interior was well spaced out, the backup camera moves with the wheel (cool). The overall look from the outside has a Acura look and feel with a Honda price .

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Accord in VA is:

$145 per month*