2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Nice
By barryinmass on 11/17/12 07:10 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2011 Accord SE on this guy. Overall definitely an upgrade. Styling is similar, but refined all around, and more handsome. Structure and doors feel more solid, no doubt because they are - Honda upgraded the structural architectural and steel strengths used. Car is quieter overall. I did prefer the driving experience of my previous automatic Accord's transmission, but this CVT does improve mileage significantly, better than the manual! I am averaging a little over 30mpg in predominantly highway, but mixed driving, and the highway is done at 75mph. The CVT keeps the RPMs down under light load - around town I don't even cross 1500RPM under casual conditions.

Still Not As Quiet As Honda Claims
By bb49 on 11/15/12 01:45 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Interior and features are much improved over my 2003 Accord EX-L V-6. However, there was no signifigant improvement in the handling or ride of this car over my 2003 and it was very noisy on rough pavement and the suspension let me hear every imperfection in the road.

The CVT is disappointing
By kkuhns on 11/14/12 17:09 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I had high expectations and have been disappointed. The CVT is jerky and stutters when accelerating at in-town speeds. The dealer checked and it shows no codes, so is within specs. But with the occasional stuttering/jerky CVT, and the stiffer struts, the overall driving experience less than desirable. I'm sorry I didn't detect these things in the test drive. On the positive side, the gas mileage is as good as advertised, or better (w/ the 4 cyli). The interior is nice and roomy, front and back. The bluetooth/phone interface is great and works well. Overall, I would not recommend this car, unless the CVT issue and the stiff ride don't bother you.

Pleasantly surprised w/ performance
By sensibledriver on 11/06/12 18:10 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a white accord sport because I absolutely love the color. I was on the fence on whether to get a 4cyl. vs. 6cyl accord. I almost purchased V6 coupe but felt it wasn't practical for a family. I have owned 04' and 07' V6 accords and was satisfied overall with the quality and performance of them. The quality, appearance and handling of the 2013 sport is far superior to them all. The power isn't quite as pronounced as the V6 but still pulls well. The CVT transmission is the smoothest and quickest one that I have driven out of all competitor 4 cyl. sedans. Fuel mileage has been exceptional (over 30 mpg) and the factory stereo is excellent with controls that are simple to use.

I am in love
By famsert on 11/05/12 06:22 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After doing months of research, I finally settled on the 2013 Accord Sport and I don't regret it one bit. I got the metallic grey colour and I must say it is extremely sexy. To me the design is the perfect mix of being not too conservative but not too trendy. The interior quality is great. Soft touch all around. Couldn't be happier with it. The ride is firm and steering as natural (hydraulic) as possible for EPS. Also, this car is SOLID in turns yet it feels very lightweight. It's weird. I can see the firmness being mistaken for being too harsh though since this feels more german than most mainstream midsize cars. I personally love it and it feels like a driver's car.

Buyer's Remorse
By brdln on 10/30/12 06:46 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

EX-L-4 Wish I'd looked closer & at other cars first to compare. Seat is hard & seat seam hits you wrong. Lttle open space for glasses & badges. Arm rests are next to useless & Very little CD storage. No garage door button on EX-L-4? Rough & hard ride. Can't find comfort spot while seated. Test drive on saleman's route didn't show hard ride, wife drove, her car. Loved previous 3 Accords, kick myself hard for not looking harder at 2013. Already has vibration rattle. Love design, looks, cameras, power, rear seat room, plus other stuff, don't like sitting & driving the car. We will adapt & adjust, have to, but have real remorse about buying it. Loved previous Accords, Not this one.

A great car. Not perfect but excellent
By dougbratman on 10/28/12 11:04 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The Accord is put together very nicely. The power cloth are very adjustable and we just took our first long ride, 300 miles. The seat material is comfortable but is a throwback to the velour seats of 20 years ago. Controls are easy to operate. The EX features dual-zone climate control; heat doesnÂ’t come on until you set it to high. Roomy and secure inside. The rear-view mirror doesn't automatically adjust for bright lights. I was a little surprised at some of the wind noise I heard. On the road the Accord is very confidence inspiring. The CVT operated flawlessly and the acceleration was impressive. At 75 mph the car is quiet and solid. And highway mileage was 33.4 mpg.

I LOVE MY ACCORD SPORT!!
By k00lbr33z3 on 10/19/12 10:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2013 Honda Accord Sport Sedan on 10/15/2012. This is my first Honda and I'm very happy to have made the switch. I was on the fence between this and the 2013 Toyota Camry. I really felt the Accord was the best value for my money and long term use.

2013 sport
By cowbells on 10/08/12 15:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a new accord sport 2 weeks ago. Very nice car,Dealer really started nogh.price when i told them i was buying that day,but was going to a different dealer in another town. Got mine for 22,200 sticker was around 25,000 +i got mud guards,wheel locks,and trunk mat. that they think r worth 600.00. for what i can afford i really like the car. First time i drove it i thought the tach. was broken it hardley moves with the CVT trans.on a nornal take off. Great miles p.g. first day drove 300 miles @80 mph and got 37 mpg with only 20 miles on it when i started. Getting 26 aro und town. Dealer says its fast, but i havn,t seen that yet, but haven'tried keeping RPM'S up till its broken in.

Best Honda I've ever owned
By nchondaguy on 10/04/12 12:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

What a great car. Traded my 09 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 for this car. Opted for the 4 cylinder CVT, and I'm not missing any power. It's super quiet and comfortable. Feels like I'm driving a much higher-end car. Didn't get the NAV, 2k more for it and salesperson advised because she said eventually AHA is going to offer it. And I have an iphone so what's the point. Gave me a $3500 off bc I traded in a honda for a honda, same dealership too. Didn't like the previous sedan model appearance at all, so I thought I would have to get the coupe, but I love the sportiness of the sedan. Great product and great company

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Accord in NJ is:

$236 per month*