Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Love this car!
By rydog75

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Two weeks, and 800 miles in, and I love this car. Despite my 60+ mile daily, roundtrip commute, my Prius was driving me crazy. No power, poor handling, and noisy! I wanted something that was going to be just as reliable, addressing all of my complaints about the Prius, still getting reasonably good mileage. I almost got the 4-cyl Accord, but I'm so glad I went for the V6. Even though I keep it in eco mode most of the time, there is always plenty of power on tap. At highway speeds, it's quiet, but you can still hear the engine growl when pressed.

The fuel economy is within claimed range, and getting better with every tank. The infotainment system takes some getting used to.

The engine. The cabin. The sporty feel. And I like the eco mode. Reminds me to drive with a lighter foot.

The infotainment system does lag at times. And the LDW is annoying. I really dislike the chrome door handles. And the bright works in the cabin are literally blinding when driving into the sun. Too many shiny bits. And finally, the glittery looking plastic surround on the radio and shift gate is just ridiculous. Looks like a 14 year old girl picked it out.

Perfect fun Sports Sedan when I added two great upgrades....
By lorenzo123

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 6th Honda Accord (79/80/84/91/05/13), and I've liked every one.
BUT this one is in a completely different category.
Best car I've ever had - and in many ways.
The Sport model was made for "ME" - large inside, handles great, 6 speed manual transmission is great, and very zippy and fun to drive.
The 18" wheels really make a difference, as does whatever they did to stiffen the front suspension of the car.
Hit 100 MPH driving uphill at 11,000 feet above sea level (5th gear).

Handling!!! Zippineness. Looks rival Audi and BMW - and nicer than the Acura TL. Today we spent the day driving with three large men - total weight of 625 lbs - 6'1", 6,0" and 6'3" and a full trunk, and car handled great. Easily room for 4 6' men and four sets of golf clubs.

I made two significant upgrades that I highly recommend: I added aftermarket heated leather seats (black, of course) and I upgraded the stereo system (Focal component speakers in front, and Focal coaxial in the rear). BUT one of the key upgrades that I highly recommend is adding sound insulation when you upgrade your stereo system. The base stereo was the only disappointment - not even close to the old sound system in my EX-L (2005). By adding sound insulation (Dynamat) and the above mentioned speakers - my car is quieter than an Acura TL, with a much better sound system and ride experience. All in- with EVERYTHING (heated leather, speakers, and Dynamat - car was $24,850!)

5 days...love it so far!
By Roger_in_PA

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Our 5th Honda ('97 Civic EX, '04 Accord EX-L, '08 Odyssey EX-L, '11 CR-V EX-L Navi. Took it out today on first highway outing--about 120 miles round trip. Best Honda we've owned to date. Sufficient power, comfortable ride (though still stiff suspension, excellent handling, smooth CVT (vs. my somewhat choppy CR-V tranny), and quietest cabin of all the Hondas we've owned. Still on first tank of gas, but it appears that mpg will blow away all previous Hondas except our '97 Civic (w/far less comfort/power). Will update this review once we've put more miles on the car.

Honda driver's seat comfort/support. Rear passenger room. All the qualities noted above.

Too soon to say. The new Navi/radio setup has a steeper learning curve than my CR-V Navi/audio system, but it also gives a lot more user-customizable options for all vehicle systems.

Windows and Sunroof malfunction
By yesucan1

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have never encountered this problem in any of the cars I owned. Last week we went back to our car, and found all four windows and the sunroof wide open.It was not pleasant as it was pouring with rain.We thought it was something we did. Yesterday same thing.Today, someone came up to us and asked us if we had that problem, which we confirmed. It seems his windows and sunroof have been doing this for the last month. Once,only Sunroof partway, another time the windows of only one side of the car.He went to his dealer, and they blew him off every time, telling him it is his doing.None of us were in our car when this happened. Has anyone experienced this. Our car is four months old, his 3.

Looks great. Love the cameras & the trim.

I feel every pebble on the road. The car rolls badly. Driver seat very uncomfortable for a small person. No garage opener. Lousy speakers.

Great Value-Fun Car
By earnhart1

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have 3,500 miles now, so feel I can give a good posting on the car.
This is my 5th Honda--and it's definitely the best to date.
Traded my V6 auto Accord to this 4 cyl. manual Sport model--really fun car to drive!
Quick easy throws on the manual and the engine loves to rev in the high range.
The car seems screwed together well--no rattles or initial problems with build quality.
Easy to drive both city and highway--but ride is much firmer than my previous Accord.
Having test driven the Mazda 6 (as this was the closest contender), I went with the Honda for features and value.....but it was a close call.
Gotta say, not disappointed with my purchase at all--really have enjoyed the car.

Like the 18 inch wheels, the back up camera, and love the ability to plug in my iphone to play tunes through the USB port! Also, like the hill assist clutch--car doesn't roll back on a hill as you're engaging the clutch. The white to green colored speedometer is also a cool trick; the light around the speedometer turns to green as you are more effecient in your driving and use of fuel. Also, cloth seat material seems really good quality--I think it will wear well.

Stereo speakers could be improved--it wouldn't cost much to put in a better quality speaker! Would have liked more paint color choices for the Sport in a manual--I could only get black or grey. The blue tooth control for the phone doesn't recognize my voice commands, that could be improved.