Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

It's fun but the mileage isn't close to what they claim.
By nperrry

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went from a Infiniti M35 to the 2013 Accord Coupe. I love the design of the car and it's a blast to drive. My complaint is this. I'm not getting anywhere near the mileage they claim to get in the city. I've even drove like a little ole man from Pasadena just to see if I could get it to improve. I'm getting like 13 or 14 MPG in the city, WITH THE ECON BUTTON ON. I've called the dealer and they claim that the car needs to break in, have at least 5000 miles on it. Well I sure hope this is true because as it stands now, I'd have kept my Infiniti and am counting the months until I can drop this Honda off at the dealer and go get another Infiniti.

Buyer's remorse for me too
By bc6

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a 2008 Accord sedan for this 2013 Accord Coupe, EX with leather and nav. I wish I hadn't done that. Why? The primary reason is the Coupe's ride quality. My 2008 Accord was smooth as silk. The new car is best described as uncomfortably harsh. You feel every bump. I could see this being an exhausting ride, especially for a long drive. Maybe new tires will help? I probably won't know for 3 years or so, when it's time to get new tires. Assuming I can deal with riding in a car with no suspension for 3 years. I suggest anyone considering a new Accord take the car for a lengthy test drive over a variety of street surfaces.

Favorite Features

--Exterior styling --Luxury features

Suggested Improvements

--Completely re-do the suspension? Go back to what they had for the prior generation Accord? --Fix the glitchy software

2013 Honda Accord - my 1st Honda
By 4cypress

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Yes, my 1st Honda so expectation was high. I have gotten a Nissan Frontier & Sentra before and had owned and driven countless other. Before getting this I was debating between Toyota Camry & Hyundai Sonata; didn't test drive and went straight to Honda instead. Good = Roomy & comfy w/ nice design. ect.. Bad = Wind noise! Cold reverse doesn't catch so fast. Black fabric is a lint magnet. Done.

Favorite Features

Pretty good gas mileage, my v6 truck gotten 18 at best. This 4-c gets 27 city & 38 highway for me. The gas trainer bar was distracting at 1st b/c I would check to see how I'm doing constantly for better mileage. I use the Bluetooth. Rear camera is nice but I still turn my head to look back when reversing; camera is to make sure no kids bike or toys is behind me. Control panels are easy. Wheels are nice and roomy trunk & cabin space vs my subcompact Sentra.

Suggested Improvements

Improve sound insulation and Wind Noise! I must have gotten a lemon. Cross wind noise at 40 mph, highway wind noise at 60 mph. Its right up there at your ear and its annoying, especially you bought a new car and sounds like its from Walmart. The dealer did replace it but this review is after its been replace, wind noise is still bad at 40/60 as stated. I was recently is a 4Runner and sound much better then my Accord - Honda needs to get this right!

Hondalink is CRAP!!!
By kjasmine

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This system does not work 50% of the time. It does not understand voice commands 70% of the time. It does not retain speed dial numbers. It does not accept Gracenote updates for the HDD. It takes 10 minutes after starting to allow you to access controls for audio using the knobs but prompts use of voice commands which do not WORK!!!

Favorite Features

Seat warmers, gas economy, sun roof, safety.

Suggested Improvements

Vast improvements on the Hondalink feature are needed. It's frustrating as this car is not cheap and I expect to last for the next 10 years.

EX-L 4cyl after 4 months 7500mi
By accordlady

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my '06Accord after 138K. Mostly this is a solid car with good acceleration and comfort, especially the leather seats. I read the CVT was jerky, but after the test drive, decided it was not enough to bother me. After 7K, the jerkiness was worse esp when it was cold. Dealer said this was normal. But if you must drive slowly at first thru a residential area, be prepared, it can get on your nerves after a while. But once on the road and able to accelerate, it is very smooth. The only other thing I am disappointed about is the stereo system. After paying almost $30K for a car, you would expect a decent system. This is not one.

Favorite Features

Acceleration Comfortable Seats Driving - not quite as sporty as my '06 Accord, but good enough for us aging types; quieter, better riding. Standard backup camera on all models; love it. Also love the right change-lane camera.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the jerky CVT, or loose it. Stereo system - Honda should be ashamed of it. If you are a casual listener, you may be OK, but if you like your music , go find another car. One where the subwoofer actually works and the back speakers actually have normal sound coming out of them. (Dealer says there is nothing wrong with it)