Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

'13 Honda Accord Sport (6MT)
By flcarguy323

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I'll give the skinny to anyone seriously interested in buying the Accord Sport (MT). Buy it. I drove an Altima and the '14 Mazda 6 and neither one compared. I did not get a chance to drive the CVT version of the Honda Sport (never considered getting a CVT auto), so I cannot honestly review that car. But the 6 speed manual rocks. Short throws, very light clutch, responsive throttle. A pure joy to drive. If you're looking for an affordable, fun car, you simply can't go wrong with the Accord Sport. I'm partial to driving manuals, and am amazed at what a great deal it is. I got mine for $21,800, with a nice dealer installed package thrown in.

8" infotainment screen with nice glare protector. Closable compartment in dash. Upgraged sport-cloth seats. Love the large spedometer and clean, intuitive gauges.

Get rid of the single folding rear seat. That's just dumb. I don't fold my rear seats down much so it wasn't a deal-breaker for me. Others may not agree though. Allow for the trunk to be opened via the key. If you're outside the car, the only way to open the trunk is via the key FOB. Sometimes it takes a few presses to engage it. Lastly, get rid of the split driver's side mirror. It's more annoying than it helps, but it isn't as bad as I'd imagined.

Very Impressed!
By dano100

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I leased an EXL and the car has exceeded my expectations. Having driven a 2007 Infiniti G35X the last 6 years I was prepared for a letdown. Although the Accord is no sports sedan it fulfills my current needs. It is very comfortable, roomy, stylish and gets outstanding gas mileage. The CVT performs flawlessly and although I was originally hesitant about it I now prefer it to the traditional 5 speed auto in the previous Accords. My only complaint is the sound quality of the stereo. It's mediocre at best.

Gas mileage is great. In the 2500 miles I've driven it the overall average is 31 mpg with a mixture of city and highway driving. I have gotten 41 mpg on a trip that was 95% hwy. miles. Fantastic for a car this large. The CVT has transformed the 4 cylinder Accord into a car like no other in it's class. Very smooth and quiet (no shudder that the early ones experienced). The seats are very comfortable and the rear legroom is outstanding. The LED tail lights are cool.

Improve the quality of the stereo and also include homelink on the EXL. I hate having to hang the garage door opener on the visor. I miss the xenon headlights that the Infiniti had. The Mazda 6 has offered them as an option for years.

So Far, So Good
By mikesd4

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my 2013 Accord Sedan for 8 months now, and overall, I am very satisfied. The car handles very nicely, is very comfortable (I am 6'2"), looks great, accelerates nicely, is quiet, and came with lots of great standard features, like the bluetooth and backup camera. I have drive mostly in the city, and mileage is okay - around 24 mpg. However, highway mileage is great - around 38 mpg. I have experience the CVT stuttering mentioned by other reviewers on occasion. It is not that bad so, at least in my car. However, Honda really should address this issue if lots of buyers are having a major problem with it.

Interior comfort, tight handling, acceleration, great looks, bluetooth, visibility, backup camera.

The environmental controls are not convenient. I have to look at them to turn on/off the air conditioning, adjust the fan speed, open/close the air vent. I much prefer the Toyota Camry's round dials, which are much more intuitive. Honda should address the CVT stuttering problem.

Better than the last generation...
By pkl226

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned each of the past 6 generations of Accord, plus an Acura TSX thrown in, so I'm pretty knowledgeable about the car. This 9th generation is worlds better than that '08 I owned prior -- the build quality is better (no squeaks/rattles yet), better fit/finish, impressive fuel economy, more fun to drive, etc. My car is a later build '13, so I have none of the CVT juddering issues, radio lag/freezing issues, or squealing brakes that many have complained about. I can understand others' frustrations -- my '08 had many teething problems of a new generation. The car doesn't feel bloated & sluggish like the prior generation -- the 2.4L makes the most of its 185hp/181lb torque.

The smart key system has worked well so far. I think the touch screen radio in the EX-L is overkill and frustration to work with (I'm talking about overall functionality; mine doesn't have the software issues of the earlier builds). I actually prefer the layout of the lower non-leather models. I am very satisfied with the seat comfort, driving position, LaneWatch camera, and I actually LOVE the CVT transmission (if I didn't tell you it was a CVT, you may mistake it for a traditional 5spd auto).

The Forward Collision warning, while cool/techy, is practically useless because the non-adjustable volume is TOO LOW. It's barely audible even with the radio off. It also has many false alarms, and I have it set on the least-sensitive setting. Lane Departure Warning (LDW) works as advertised but suffers from the same volume issue above. I didn't think I'd like the LaneWatch camera in the rearview mirror, but it has become one of my favorite features. It is worth a jump to the EX+ models for this.

Nice Looking Car Bad Transmission
By jpl572103

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The 2013 Accord has a transmission shudder or judder in it when cold and in stop and go traffic. I have called the dealer and called Honda, Honda agrees there is a problem but there is no fix yet. I tried to get them to buy the car back, only have 1000miles on it. They won't. So I DONT recommend you buy the CVT version of the 2013 Accord.. You have been warned. I am stuck with the car, but I have contacted Consumer Affairs, BBB, and WAVY TV 10. I hope Andy Fox will call me and go for a ride in this car. The test drive was after the car was warmed up and on the highway. No stop and go traffic.Figures. Honda if you take care of me , I will stop this bad publicity of your 2013 Accord.

I like the interior and the quietness of the cab, I like the entertainment system, speakers are very weak, but who cares about loud music when your 44.

Shame on you for putting a defective transmission in these vehicles. Sure it shifts, but it doesn't shift right and it shudders and bangs into low gear when coming to a stop light. I'm sure many of you will still buy the Accord, don't say I didn't warn you. Google 2013 Accord judder.

• SUV