Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Fun drive but audio and phone performance terrible
By mml43

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Too many bells and whistles that don't work. This is my 4th Accord in 20+ years, and by far the worst, most annoying experience. Delivered with an inoperable CD player so the entire audio unit had to be replaced from the factory. Then the audio had to be repaired under a recall because the sound would fade in and out and be drowned in buzzing static. Virtually no bass/subwoofer - my 1999 and 2006 Accord had better sound. Will be going back to dealer for the third time in less than 6 months I've owned it to find out why all speed dial settiings are sporadically erased but the voice tags remain. Also speed dial numbers aren't always accessible even when they're displayed/

Eco and Sport settings, wide rear view camera, adaptive cruise control.

Computers, computers, computers.

Sporty and Smooth
By cjoconn

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the car about a week ago and i've received nothing but compliments from people that have seen it. The car looks and feel's sporty (i especially like the LED headlights and dual exhaust) and i'm getting a combined 29MPG on an even mix of city and highway driving over the first 200 miles with ECON not enabled. I plan on using the ECON feature on my next tank of gas to compare the difference. The inside is roomy and comfortable. The technology features are great, there is just so much you can do with all of the bluetooh enabled options. The NAV screen is large and has a crisp resoltuion and the rear and side camera's are a nice addition. Overall, a great experience so far.

Great technology features, excellent MPG for a V6, sporty look and feel, comfortable and roomy, great acceleration

I only have one small complaint and involves when the car is slowing to below 20MPH, at times you can feel a very slight grab when its downshifting, i've read it has to do with the VCM. The car is able to operate on 3 cylinders as well as 6. It's really barely noticeable and i think i'm just being a little picky since i noticed it on all of my test drives with different models as well.

Great value and sporty
By adansereau

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just got the 2013 Accord sport white and loving it. Plenty of power, great mpg on first tank 28.6 some fooling wityh the shifters. I am looking forward to giving a better review in the coming months. Also Herb Chambers Seekonk Ma. is my dealer 6 cars in 6 years they do it right !!

Maybe I'm picky
By phetzer

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car seems to have a stiffer ride than I would expect. Seems about right for the Sports edition but not a four door. Within two hundred miles the transmission had to be replaced. I am trying to work something out with American Honda for compensation for having a brand new car with a factory remanufacture transmission. I asked for a different car but they will not go for that.

I like the back up and blind spot cameras. The interior as well as the stereo system are nicely done. I'm averaging 36 MPG on the freeway and with the air conditioning off I get about 37.5 MPG. Push button start and not having to reach into my pocket for keys are also great features.

The blind spot camera is great during daylight use but I think a sensor system that many other models have for blind spot detection may be a better idea because at night the camera is not so great. I also find that the placement of the lane departure warning light & forward collision avoidance light need to be moved. Where I happen to like the steering wheel positioned it covers either one or the other. They should move the Lane Departure light closer to the center of the display. The lane departure alarm should have a volume adjustment . When I have the radio up I have a hard time hearing the alarm. Besides some people are harder hearing and may need to adjust the volume of the alarm.

1000 Miles
By lowin

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this car as a safe, reliable and long lasting vehicle for my wife. The crash test ratings are beyond approach and Honda reliability and long lasting cars are as well known as the brand we left - Subaru. Given we have driven nothing but Subaru's for years, I can't be picky about the ride, noise or anything. To us, this car is smooth, quiet and far more confortable than any car we have had for a long time. The CVT is fine for us too (and drove better than others we tested). Yes it hiccups now and again, but so what? The electronics are a little funky, but let's face it. Nobody is getting this right and most do a poor job, even many luxury brands.

Color (Hematite), leather seats including comfort, heat and adjustment, handling, quiet, ride, reliability, crash test ratings and acceleration (for a family car). Cameras are actually very very useful including lane change and back up.

Dual control screens poorly integrated in some functions, trunk opening latch weird. Collision warning alarm is too quiet. The driver should have the capability to adjust this. Come on Honda, what's the point if you can't hear it over the morning radio news? Duh?