2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
AWFUL Info-system
By hnda_suks on 02/28/13 19:39 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Could not be more disappointed in Honda! Quality control poor. The most annoying part with my brand new car is the Audio module that intermittently (but most of the time) malfunctions. Every time I switch from another module (Info, Navi, or Phone) to the Audio while driving, the frigging system thinks I just started the car, a black screen appears then HondaLink Logo and then a warning message about safe operation of the vehicle - the same sequence that appears when you first start the car. All this paralyzes the system for 10-15 seconds, and only after that, finally, the Audio features reappear, with radio stations or XM. Worse, the sound loses stereo!!! and only the right side plays.

Nice upgrade!
By chanchu1 on 02/26/13 07:03 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Owned a 2009 Camry and was extremely happy with the car. Drove it 200 miles to and from work daily without a flaw. Car had 178,000 miles and drove like new. Decided to trade in search of better MPG. considered the 2013 Nissan Altima, Ford fusion & Toyota Camry. Glanced at the Kia and Hyundai but just can't get passed the silly looking logo on both korean vehicles. Bottom line, the honda Accord comes with more standard features than all mentioned for about the same price. The Accord handles a bit sportier than the Camry and is not as plush but way out performs the Camry in handling. Only small complaint is a bit of wind and road noise which was similar to the Camry a coworker of mine ownes.

Love this car
By derekleeo on 02/23/13 07:24 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I never thought I would buy a car with a CVT, but this car is great. Honda did a great job tricking you into thinking you are driving a car with a regular tranny. If you drive normal, the car simulates shifting....but put your foot down and you instantly know it's a CVT. I bought this for commuting not racing. I am averaging 33 mpg in mixed driving. I turned the econ off for a highway trip @80mph and got 30.3, so I turned it back on and will not touch it again. This car is comfortable and kind of fun to drive. I am happy with the long list of standard features on the LX. I also know that since it's a Honda, it will run forever.

Sadly Disappointed
By cappy4103 on 02/18/13 21:21 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 6th Accord & 8th Honda. I want to like this car but I do not. I love the look of the car, inside and out but that's where the love ends! I find the ride to be terrible. I don't know if its due to the redesign or a shorter wheel base, but the ride seems choppy to me and the suspension is so stiff that every bump seems amplified right into the passenger compartment. The stiff suspension may seem sporty at first but after 8K miles, you'll be tired of it. Another cause might be from the leather seats. The leather is too stiff and there isn't enough padding on the bottom which could contribute to the the fillings in my teeth being jarred lose! Also having radio issues.

This is a FAMILY sedan?!
By cpbrady on 02/17/13 22:34 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I never would have dreamed of owning a Honda Accord. I've seen them all of my life and regarded them as unremarkable. However, it came time for a new car and I tested the Accord. I took a drive in the V4 but opted for the V6 due to the automatic transmission and the power behind the engine. I have ZERO regrets with my purchase. The engine of the V6 pleasantly roars to life with impressive speed and smooth shifting. The interior is luxurious with great build quality and offers more convenience than I could ever want. My only qualms are that the Accord takes rough roads and bumps hard and that while sporty - it could be more fun to drive. Overall, great purchase and overall excellent car

Accord EX- 4 cylinder CVT
By raj75 on 02/14/13 09:41 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Excellent car. i owned a 1998 accord v6 for last 8 years. This car has almost same power and used highly adavanced technology. I am getting used to the new features lane watch, pandora,voice recognition and bunch of others. What amzed me most is its mileage. On hway i got 40 in eco-mode. Over all its fantastic. Only problem i found is slightly bumpy on bad roads.(problem can be excused). My friend having an acura TL said accord is a better car than TL. This car is way ahead in competition. Real Technology advancement.

Refined Design, Materials, and Ride
By lifeson34 on 02/11/13 19:51 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Best Volkswagen yet. The interior is refined, with a beautiful center gauge that resembles a high-class wristwatch. A backup camera comes standard even in the LX model. The ride is quiet. At low RPM, the engine has a pleasant rumble. Stepping on the gas generates a healthy dose of power. At intermediate RPM, the CVT is a little loud, which can be disconcerting. While steering is electrical, it doesn't feel as numb as a Toyota. This car is actually fun to drive, something unusual for a family sedan.

Noisy Car
By hondaccord09 on 02/11/13 15:06 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This car is so loud that it takes away a lot of the driving enjoyment. It doesn't give you a luxury feel when driving this car. You have to crank up the volume. Even at low speed you can feel and hear the road from the cabin. They need to get rid of the loud cabin/road noise, especially when driving at high speed. Toyota and Nissan car are much quieter if noise is an issue for you.

4-Door Accord EX 6speed manual
By beanctr on 02/09/13 14:36 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have just over 400 miles on my new Accord. The manual transmission is a joy to operate and is well matched to the engine. I am coming from an 04 G35, so I miss some of the extra HP, but the Accord is fairly peppy and the MPG improvement is outstanding. Not easy finding a manual transmission as dealer stated Honda doesn't allow you to 'order' your vehicle. Seats are very comfortable and the dash layout is very nice. There are quality materials throughout and it doesn't feel like Honda was trying to cut cost on the interior.

Honda Listened to its Customers
By aviationguy on 02/07/13 19:53 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I'm very pleased with my new metallic beige EX-L. I had bought a 2009 Civic because I didn't like the 8th generation Accords at all, but when I saw what Honda did with the 9th generation Accord, I had to have one. For me, coming from a noisy, teeth-jarringly bumpy Civic, my new Accord feels like pure luxury.