Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

1,200 miles & Won't Start. Back to the shop we go :(
By peaches04

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall great design & performance for the Money. Very disappointed with the reliability, and Honda service. Honda has by far the absolutely WORST customer service, I have ever experienced. Currently my Accord is back in the shop for going on four days, no updates, calls and the vehicle is still not fixed. Finally got a loaner on the third day,and dealt with rude, under trained associates who gave me a filthy loaner car, with no update on my vehicles repairs, instead it was still sitting exactly where it was towed. Can't wait to get it back so I can go get my 2014 Lexus Is

Styling

Gas mileage, and reliability

Honda Accord Sport 6M
By jonus0001

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car four months ago and have 1300 miles on it. The car is very comfortable and fun to drive. Unfortunately, the car has been back to the dealer 5 times . The seals around the drivers side window are bad. The car sounds like a wind tunnel above 60 mph. In addition, some part is bouncing around in the dash making a constant rattle. The local dealership and Honda North American did nothing to fix the problem until I made it clear I was filing a lemon law complaint. Build quality of this first year model has been below normal for Honda's usual high standards.

Comfortable seats, smooth manual transmission, firm but compliant suspension, lots of space for tall people, and very fun to drive!

First year model has build quality issues.

Honda is back on track!
By hardtoplease2

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I loved my 2000 Accord SE, but it was time to pass it down, and get myself something new. This Coupe is amazing. I have driven many manual trannies, but this one is the best. The engine has plenty of power, tugging smoothly at the low end and breathtakingly at the high end - and it makes wonderful sounds! There's always a correct gear to select. Positioning of all controls is great. With only 200 miles on it, I got 30 mpg on a 460 mile trip, with a combination of city and mostly high speed highway, cruising at 80 mph (the speed limit in that part of Texas, thank you) and making no attempt to be frugal. City-only is averaging 24, again without trying. Sound system is awesome.

Ride is European: firm but never ever harsh. The engine is velvet-smooth, and while it sounds wonderful, but is never loud, and does not interfere with the sound system. The camera on the right side mirror more than makes up for the "blind" spot caused by the coupe styling (which isn't nearly as "blind" as the automotive press suggests.) Handling inspires confidence, the brakes are powerful and easy to modulate.

More color choices for the V6 6-speed. Black, ticket-me red, and casket gray is all there is, and only with a black interior. While that's not ideal for the Texas heat, the air conditioning is excellent, and it might be nice in the winter! I also prefer the instrument layout on the 2000 Accord ... the tach is easier to see on it, and with a 6-speed, I actually use it. The backup camera is blurred with water drops after driving in the rain (I don't know if other cars have this same problem.)

'13 Honda Accord Sport (6MT)
By flcarguy323

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I'll give the skinny to anyone seriously interested in buying the Accord Sport (MT). Buy it. I drove an Altima and the '14 Mazda 6 and neither one compared. I did not get a chance to drive the CVT version of the Honda Sport (never considered getting a CVT auto), so I cannot honestly review that car. But the 6 speed manual rocks. Short throws, very light clutch, responsive throttle. A pure joy to drive. If you're looking for an affordable, fun car, you simply can't go wrong with the Accord Sport. I'm partial to driving manuals, and am amazed at what a great deal it is. I got mine for $21,800, with a nice dealer installed package thrown in.

8" infotainment screen with nice glare protector. Closable compartment in dash. Upgraged sport-cloth seats. Love the large spedometer and clean, intuitive gauges.

Get rid of the single folding rear seat. That's just dumb. I don't fold my rear seats down much so it wasn't a deal-breaker for me. Others may not agree though. Allow for the trunk to be opened via the key. If you're outside the car, the only way to open the trunk is via the key FOB. Sometimes it takes a few presses to engage it. Lastly, get rid of the split driver's side mirror. It's more annoying than it helps, but it isn't as bad as I'd imagined.

Very Impressed!
By dano100

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I leased an EXL and the car has exceeded my expectations. Having driven a 2007 Infiniti G35X the last 6 years I was prepared for a letdown. Although the Accord is no sports sedan it fulfills my current needs. It is very comfortable, roomy, stylish and gets outstanding gas mileage. The CVT performs flawlessly and although I was originally hesitant about it I now prefer it to the traditional 5 speed auto in the previous Accords. My only complaint is the sound quality of the stereo. It's mediocre at best.

Gas mileage is great. In the 2500 miles I've driven it the overall average is 31 mpg with a mixture of city and highway driving. I have gotten 41 mpg on a trip that was 95% hwy. miles. Fantastic for a car this large. The CVT has transformed the 4 cylinder Accord into a car like no other in it's class. Very smooth and quiet (no shudder that the early ones experienced). The seats are very comfortable and the rear legroom is outstanding. The LED tail lights are cool.

Improve the quality of the stereo and also include homelink on the EXL. I hate having to hang the garage door opener on the visor. I miss the xenon headlights that the Infiniti had. The Mazda 6 has offered them as an option for years.