Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Better than the last generation...
By pkl226

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned each of the past 6 generations of Accord, plus an Acura TSX thrown in, so I'm pretty knowledgeable about the car. This 9th generation is worlds better than that '08 I owned prior -- the build quality is better (no squeaks/rattles yet), better fit/finish, impressive fuel economy, more fun to drive, etc. My car is a later build '13, so I have none of the CVT juddering issues, radio lag/freezing issues, or squealing brakes that many have complained about. I can understand others' frustrations -- my '08 had many teething problems of a new generation. The car doesn't feel bloated & sluggish like the prior generation -- the 2.4L makes the most of its 185hp/181lb torque.

The smart key system has worked well so far. I think the touch screen radio in the EX-L is overkill and frustration to work with (I'm talking about overall functionality; mine doesn't have the software issues of the earlier builds). I actually prefer the layout of the lower non-leather models. I am very satisfied with the seat comfort, driving position, LaneWatch camera, and I actually LOVE the CVT transmission (if I didn't tell you it was a CVT, you may mistake it for a traditional 5spd auto).

The Forward Collision warning, while cool/techy, is practically useless because the non-adjustable volume is TOO LOW. It's barely audible even with the radio off. It also has many false alarms, and I have it set on the least-sensitive setting. Lane Departure Warning (LDW) works as advertised but suffers from the same volume issue above. I didn't think I'd like the LaneWatch camera in the rearview mirror, but it has become one of my favorite features. It is worth a jump to the EX+ models for this.

Nice Looking Car Bad Transmission
By jpl572103

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The 2013 Accord has a transmission shudder or judder in it when cold and in stop and go traffic. I have called the dealer and called Honda, Honda agrees there is a problem but there is no fix yet. I tried to get them to buy the car back, only have 1000miles on it. They won't. So I DONT recommend you buy the CVT version of the 2013 Accord.. You have been warned. I am stuck with the car, but I have contacted Consumer Affairs, BBB, and WAVY TV 10. I hope Andy Fox will call me and go for a ride in this car. The test drive was after the car was warmed up and on the highway. No stop and go traffic.Figures. Honda if you take care of me , I will stop this bad publicity of your 2013 Accord.

I like the interior and the quietness of the cab, I like the entertainment system, speakers are very weak, but who cares about loud music when your 44.

Shame on you for putting a defective transmission in these vehicles. Sure it shifts, but it doesn't shift right and it shudders and bangs into low gear when coming to a stop light. I'm sure many of you will still buy the Accord, don't say I didn't warn you. Google 2013 Accord judder.

Rattles
By barsky

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

For the most part I'm pleased. But the dash noise, rattles and speaks are getting to me. When I first start to drive the car after it's been sitting in the heat the center dash snaps, crackles and pops. Sometimes on rough highways there is a rattle/buzzing noise from the center dash in front of the audio display. If I place my hand on this flat part of the dash the noise stops. I had a friend video this noise just in case the dealer can't reproduce the noise. I don't know if the video will help.

Style and mileage

Fit and finish

CVT Trans Will Make Me Trade This Car
By palalt1

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2013 Accord Sport with the CVT transmission. It has become so annoying to drive with only 3000 miles that I'm considering trading. Honda tells me there is no record of a problem and the dealer says the unit isn't serviceable. Under normal driving, there is almost a constant slinky toy or rubber band feeling that actually makes the engine rpm go up and down when it should be smoothly accelerating. There is some kind of intermittent slippage going on the whole time you are driving it. Anything but Constant Velocity. Honda is playing stupid and merely patronized me with statements like: "We'll make a record of your concern." I own a Murano CVT so I'm familiar with this technology.

The car is roomy and the backup camera is awesome. The CVT trans needs a recall.

Recall the CVT transmission with a redesign that works and actually provides "Constant Velocity".

great car
By ptg2001

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

we now have approx eight thousand miles and did the first oil change very easy and the care still runs great we get combined around town 23 to 27 mpg and when it includes more freeway we get 28 to 31 and stright freeway going down to magic mountain approx 350 miles driving 75 to 80 we got 30 to 31

cameras

get rid of the small mirror on drivers side its useless