Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 185 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Love the car, needs more "Sport"
By pablocruze2

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After 3 months and 5,800 miles I am over all happy with my Accord Sport. The excellent manual transmission really gives this car some character, and it succeeds in its mission as a fun, affordable commuter car as well as a family hauler. I took a very close look at the new Mazda 6 Touring MT (an excellent car) but the Accord won out on virtue of superior head room (for my tall family), outward visibility, better shifter and the smoother, higher revving engine. I would have preferred to have had a bit more sport added from the factory (front seats, suspension, steering wheel feedback and small interior details) which would have transformed it into a front wheel drive quasi-sport sedan.

Snick-snick slick manual transmission (Thank you Honda!), engine that pulls strong to the redline, roomy interior, great fit and finish

Seat are too soft, with poor grip and very poor lateral support. I slide to the side when taking freeway on ramps at moderate speed. Very poor lumbar support (plan on replacing them with Recaro seats). Suspension is fine when going strait, but there's too much body roll and side-to-side tossing when taking curves (plan to lower it an inch or so, replacing the springs, shocks and sway bars). The chrome surrounding the shifter, cup holders, as well as in other places, could have been composed of that faux carbon fiber that's on the dash. The chrome looks un-sporty, and reflects the sun into your eyes. More sportiness baked in from Honda could have separated it from more "pedestrian" Accords.

Much Better Than Expected
By craig106

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After a couple months, 5,000 miles and a road trip here's my take on the Accord.
Fuel economy is outstanding, equal or better than the EPA estimates.
36+ on the highway typically cruising 5+ over the posted speed limit.
33 mpg combined since purchase but admittedly much of it was hwy miles.
The car is designed around fuel efficiency. The Ambient meter is a brilliant but simple reminder giving instant feedback of your driving habits. The cabin is much quieter and improved over previous models.
The CVT transmission takes a little getting used to but not a big deal.
In fact the more I drive it the more I appreciate it's smoothness. The stereo reads the media quickly and sounds good.

Ambient meter, ECON button, several measurements to instantly give feed back on mpg & driving habits. Typically excellent Honda build quality. Intuitive controls. Backup camera and right mirror camera. Stereo is better than others have reported. Excellent brakes. Smooth CVT. Quality interior materials.

Make better use of the large 8" screen. The fuel readouts are redundant.

Will keep you updated...
By spartan949

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Well I originally was looking at the EX-L however did not really like the touch screen below the main screen. I opted for the Sport mainly for the wheels and the control knob below the main info screen. I prefer knobs over touch screens. Personal preference. Car feel larger inside then it looks, and the ride is firm yet in control. Was never a fan of CVT trans however I can honestly say that you rarely feel any of the rubber band pulling that I have expierenced in my Honda Insight. They may have started to figure it out. I personally liked the Mazda 6 however the only positive I had to buying Mazda was that it had a automatic trans opposed to CVT. Otherwise the Accord wins in all areas.

Sport Seats have very nice fabric, appears to be able to last a long time. Plenty of info through the screens and dash display. Backseats are extermely roomy I am 6'2" and can nicely sit behind my driving position. Sport Wheels, spoiler, and dual exahust are a must once you see them on the Accord. 10 way driver seat is awesome, most cars give you 6-8 way at this price. I have 600 miles on the car and drive 50city/50hwy and have been averaging 30.5 MPG which is exactley what I was hoping for!

Trunk lid does not have shocks which leads to a flimsy feeling when opening the trunk. The black/chrome paint throughout the center console although pretty scares me as it will probably scratch and peel easy as time goes on. Seats are stiff and if the driver seat had not been 10 way adjustable I may not have found a comfortable position. Steering wheel is a little small and the speedometer is large, when I move the wheel to the low position I cannot see the speedometer between 40-100mph. I was hoping there was a digital read out option for MPH to fix this however there is not. :(

Nice, but Horrible Stereo !
By pjd10

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I'm happy with this car. Looks nice, fun to drive, good gas mileage and comfortable.
My only beef with this car is the poor quality stereo system. During the test drive
my focus was on so many things that I that I really didn't check the sound system out like I should have. I took it for granted that Honda put in a good stereo like on my last Honda. They didn't!
Honda, if you read these reviews, please come up with a fix for this.

Sharp looks and good gas mileage.

Please do something to improve THIS stereo. I paid good money to get the top of the line Accord with a supposed "Premium Sound System". You really need to address this.

EX-L 4cyl after 4 months 7500mi
By accordlady

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my '06Accord after 138K.
Mostly this is a solid car with good acceleration and comfort, especially the leather seats.

I read the CVT was jerky, but after the test drive, decided it was not enough to bother me.
After 7K, the jerkiness was worse esp when it was cold.
Dealer said this was normal.
But if you must drive slowly at first thru a residential area, be prepared, it can get on your nerves after a while.
But once on the road and able to accelerate, it is very smooth.
The only other thing I am disappointed about is the stereo system.
After paying almost $30K for a car, you would expect a decent system.
This is not one.

Acceleration Comfortable Seats Driving - not quite as sporty as my '06 Accord, but good enough for us aging types; quieter, better riding. Standard backup camera on all models; love it. Also love the right change-lane camera.

Fix the jerky CVT, or loose it. Stereo system - Honda should be ashamed of it. If you are a casual listener, you may be OK, but if you like your music , go find another car. One where the subwoofer actually works and the back speakers actually have normal sound coming out of them. (Dealer says there is nothing wrong with it)