Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nice Looking Car Bad Transmission
By jpl572103

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The 2013 Accord has a transmission shudder or judder in it when cold and in stop and go traffic. I have called the dealer and called Honda, Honda agrees there is a problem but there is no fix yet. I tried to get them to buy the car back, only have 1000miles on it. They won't. So I DONT recommend you buy the CVT version of the 2013 Accord.. You have been warned. I am stuck with the car, but I have contacted Consumer Affairs, BBB, and WAVY TV 10. I hope Andy Fox will call me and go for a ride in this car. The test drive was after the car was warmed up and on the highway. No stop and go traffic.Figures. Honda if you take care of me , I will stop this bad publicity of your 2013 Accord.

Favorite Features

I like the interior and the quietness of the cab, I like the entertainment system, speakers are very weak, but who cares about loud music when your 44.

Suggested Improvements

Shame on you for putting a defective transmission in these vehicles. Sure it shifts, but it doesn't shift right and it shudders and bangs into low gear when coming to a stop light. I'm sure many of you will still buy the Accord, don't say I didn't warn you. Google 2013 Accord judder.

Rattles
By barsky

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

For the most part I'm pleased. But the dash noise, rattles and speaks are getting to me. When I first start to drive the car after it's been sitting in the heat the center dash snaps, crackles and pops. Sometimes on rough highways there is a rattle/buzzing noise from the center dash in front of the audio display. If I place my hand on this flat part of the dash the noise stops. I had a friend video this noise just in case the dealer can't reproduce the noise. I don't know if the video will help.

Favorite Features

Style and mileage

Suggested Improvements

Fit and finish

CVT Trans Will Make Me Trade This Car
By palalt1

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2013 Accord Sport with the CVT transmission. It has become so annoying to drive with only 3000 miles that I'm considering trading. Honda tells me there is no record of a problem and the dealer says the unit isn't serviceable. Under normal driving, there is almost a constant slinky toy or rubber band feeling that actually makes the engine rpm go up and down when it should be smoothly accelerating. There is some kind of intermittent slippage going on the whole time you are driving it. Anything but Constant Velocity. Honda is playing stupid and merely patronized me with statements like: "We'll make a record of your concern." I own a Murano CVT so I'm familiar with this technology.

Favorite Features

The car is roomy and the backup camera is awesome. The CVT trans needs a recall.

Suggested Improvements

Recall the CVT transmission with a redesign that works and actually provides "Constant Velocity".

great car
By ptg2001

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

we now have approx eight thousand miles and did the first oil change very easy and the care still runs great we get combined around town 23 to 27 mpg and when it includes more freeway we get 28 to 31 and stright freeway going down to magic mountain approx 350 miles driving 75 to 80 we got 30 to 31

Favorite Features

cameras

Suggested Improvements

get rid of the small mirror on drivers side its useless

Beware
By rockamatic

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

It's a pretty good car, but buyers beware of some strange features. The Sport edition has some weird thing on the steering wheel called a paddle shifter. It's there so you can get the feel of a stick shift on an automatic. But the problem is... you go to hit your blinker, and lo and behold you've just downshifted going like 80 miles an hour... really dangerous! The other weird feature is the driver's side rear view mirror. It has a second little mirror attached to it. This bends the image of the oncoming car. I'm driving down the interstate, and this car is coming up beside me, and to my surprise he cuts over into my lane and nearly sideswipes me, so I swerve. But that was only an illusion.

Favorite Features

Lumbar support on the electronic seats. That's why I had to spend so much more to get the Sport edition. It should be standard of all Accords. It's standard on the Kia Optima. Incidentally, the Kia Optima gives you a lot more bang for your buck.

Suggested Improvements

Discard the paddle shifter. Discard the psychedelic rear view mirror before someone gets killed. Make electronic seats and lumbar support standard on all Accords, and have it on the passenger side too. I've owned it for 6 months and still can't turn the radio on. It's buried somewhere in the in-dash display. It makes you long for the antique knobs that made cars so much fun. Lower the price, or Optima and Sonata will leave you in the dust.