Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Value-Fun Car
By earnhart1

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have 3,500 miles now, so feel I can give a good posting on the car. This is my 5th Honda--and it's definitely the best to date. Traded my V6 auto Accord to this 4 cyl. manual Sport model--really fun car to drive! Quick easy throws on the manual and the engine loves to rev in the high range. The car seems screwed together well--no rattles or initial problems with build quality. Easy to drive both city and highway--but ride is much firmer than my previous Accord. Having test driven the Mazda 6 (as this was the closest contender), I went with the Honda for features and value.....but it was a close call. Gotta say, not disappointed with my purchase at all--really have enjoyed the car.

Like the 18 inch wheels, the back up camera, and love the ability to plug in my iphone to play tunes through the USB port! Also, like the hill assist clutch--car doesn't roll back on a hill as you're engaging the clutch. The white to green colored speedometer is also a cool trick; the light around the speedometer turns to green as you are more effecient in your driving and use of fuel. Also, cloth seat material seems really good quality--I think it will wear well.

Stereo speakers could be improved--it wouldn't cost much to put in a better quality speaker! Would have liked more paint color choices for the Sport in a manual--I could only get black or grey. The blue tooth control for the phone doesn't recognize my voice commands, that could be improved.

So disappointed
By wisconsinhonda

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I am disappointed mostly in the transmission. It is unnerving when you stop and the transmission lurches forward. It makes you feel like you,don't have control. My car is 2 months old and twice the check engine light has come on. The first time the dealer replaced the fuel pressure sensor. The very next day another check engine light. Something with too high voltage, so they reset it by switching a part from a car on the lot and then putting my part back in. The latest is the paint. Buy the paint protection, there is no clear coat on the car. I have owned many cars and never has bird poop marred the paint. It took the thin clear coat right off!

Love the exterior styling. Love the instrument panel. Good gas mileage.

Enough clear coat paint so you don't have to buy paint protection. I didn't buy it and the bird poop ate the clear coat,off in two days. Fix the cvt for a smoother ride. There is a jerk or shudder in the transmission when stopping.

BMW wannabe
By kaarlo

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have 3000 miles on 2013 Honda Sedan, 6 spd trans. 60 years old and this is first Honda I've ever bought, wouldn't be the last if they build them all like this. Very impressive car. Runs great, smooth firm ride, handles like a BMW. Getting 33 MPG average w/36+ on freeways. Looked at the Jetta but liked the different standard features on the Accord better plus the Accord had a longer wheelbase for the freeway. Had to get the upscale package on the Jetta to get the rear view camera and larger more powerful engine. Wife is mad, thought I was getting the coupe. Says she won't drive a granny 4 door car. Hard to look disappointed when you can't stop smiling.

Rear view back up camera. Thought it might be a novelty but I use it more than I thought I would. Firm ride and long wheelbase gives great ride on freeway and mountain roads. Powerful 4 cylinder engine really pulls the car up hills with better then advertised gas mileage. Standard car was loaded with enough features that I didn't see the need to get any upgraded packages. Would make a great first car for college graduates. Overall I am extremely happy with the Accord. I win the lottery I might think about getting the V6 Model. Maybe.

Split fold down rear seat with larger opening from trunk to rear seat. Might be available on upgraded packages but entire rear seat back folds down on standard model. Lack of color choices on standard manual trans car. Only 2 colors, really ? What prompted that decision ? Emergency flasher button in more accessible location.

Much better than I imagined!
By rootdown

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Accord Sport w/ the 6sp is amazing! I have been a die hard Honda fan, but always liked the Civic model. Traded in the '08 Civic 5sp manual for this, and have been blown away by the difference in the first 650 miles. The manual transmission is smooth, the engine is quick to respond, and it's got lots of power I often peel out in between gears when having fun with it. The quality of the cabin/exterior just feels like it's going to last forever, and I'm looking to push this car over 300,000 miles in the years to come!

MPG calculations; getting over 34 mpg on daily commute 25% city/75% freeway; Digital screen display; 18" rims; dual exhaust; 2.4L engine; fun to drive; solid interior; backup camera.

Nothing, Honda got this one right!

1,200 miles & Won't Start. Back to the shop we go :(
By peaches04

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall great design & performance for the Money. Very disappointed with the reliability, and Honda service. Honda has by far the absolutely WORST customer service, I have ever experienced. Currently my Accord is back in the shop for going on four days, no updates, calls and the vehicle is still not fixed. Finally got a loaner on the third day,and dealt with rude, under trained associates who gave me a filthy loaner car, with no update on my vehicles repairs, instead it was still sitting exactly where it was towed. Can't wait to get it back so I can go get my 2014 Lexus Is

Styling