Used 2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

BMW wannabe
By kaarlo

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have 3000 miles on 2013 Honda Sedan, 6 spd trans. 60 years old and this is first Honda I've ever bought, wouldn't be the last if they build them all like this. Very impressive car. Runs great, smooth firm ride, handles like a BMW. Getting 33 MPG average w/36+ on freeways. Looked at the Jetta but liked the different standard features on the Accord better plus the Accord had a longer wheelbase for the freeway. Had to get the upscale package on the Jetta to get the rear view camera and larger more powerful engine. Wife is mad, thought I was getting the coupe. Says she won't drive a granny 4 door car. Hard to look disappointed when you can't stop smiling.

Favorite Features

Rear view back up camera. Thought it might be a novelty but I use it more than I thought I would. Firm ride and long wheelbase gives great ride on freeway and mountain roads. Powerful 4 cylinder engine really pulls the car up hills with better then advertised gas mileage. Standard car was loaded with enough features that I didn't see the need to get any upgraded packages. Would make a great first car for college graduates. Overall I am extremely happy with the Accord. I win the lottery I might think about getting the V6 Model. Maybe.

Suggested Improvements

Split fold down rear seat with larger opening from trunk to rear seat. Might be available on upgraded packages but entire rear seat back folds down on standard model. Lack of color choices on standard manual trans car. Only 2 colors, really ? What prompted that decision ? Emergency flasher button in more accessible location.

Much better than I imagined!
By rootdown

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Accord Sport w/ the 6sp is amazing! I have been a die hard Honda fan, but always liked the Civic model. Traded in the '08 Civic 5sp manual for this, and have been blown away by the difference in the first 650 miles. The manual transmission is smooth, the engine is quick to respond, and it's got lots of power I often peel out in between gears when having fun with it. The quality of the cabin/exterior just feels like it's going to last forever, and I'm looking to push this car over 300,000 miles in the years to come!

Favorite Features

MPG calculations; getting over 34 mpg on daily commute 25% city/75% freeway; Digital screen display; 18" rims; dual exhaust; 2.4L engine; fun to drive; solid interior; backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, Honda got this one right!

1,200 miles & Won't Start. Back to the shop we go :(
By peaches04

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall great design & performance for the Money. Very disappointed with the reliability, and Honda service. Honda has by far the absolutely WORST customer service, I have ever experienced. Currently my Accord is back in the shop for going on four days, no updates, calls and the vehicle is still not fixed. Finally got a loaner on the third day,and dealt with rude, under trained associates who gave me a filthy loaner car, with no update on my vehicles repairs, instead it was still sitting exactly where it was towed. Can't wait to get it back so I can go get my 2014 Lexus Is

Favorite Features

Styling

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, and reliability

Honda Accord Sport 6M
By jonus0001

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car four months ago and have 1300 miles on it. The car is very comfortable and fun to drive. Unfortunately, the car has been back to the dealer 5 times . The seals around the drivers side window are bad. The car sounds like a wind tunnel above 60 mph. In addition, some part is bouncing around in the dash making a constant rattle. The local dealership and Honda North American did nothing to fix the problem until I made it clear I was filing a lemon law complaint. Build quality of this first year model has been below normal for Honda's usual high standards.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, smooth manual transmission, firm but compliant suspension, lots of space for tall people, and very fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

First year model has build quality issues.

Honda is back on track!
By hardtoplease2

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I loved my 2000 Accord SE, but it was time to pass it down, and get myself something new. This Coupe is amazing. I have driven many manual trannies, but this one is the best. The engine has plenty of power, tugging smoothly at the low end and breathtakingly at the high end - and it makes wonderful sounds! There's always a correct gear to select. Positioning of all controls is great. With only 200 miles on it, I got 30 mpg on a 460 mile trip, with a combination of city and mostly high speed highway, cruising at 80 mph (the speed limit in that part of Texas, thank you) and making no attempt to be frugal. City-only is averaging 24, again without trying. Sound system is awesome.

Favorite Features

Ride is European: firm but never ever harsh. The engine is velvet-smooth, and while it sounds wonderful, but is never loud, and does not interfere with the sound system. The camera on the right side mirror more than makes up for the "blind" spot caused by the coupe styling (which isn't nearly as "blind" as the automotive press suggests.) Handling inspires confidence, the brakes are powerful and easy to modulate.

Suggested Improvements

More color choices for the V6 6-speed. Black, ticket-me red, and casket gray is all there is, and only with a black interior. While that's not ideal for the Texas heat, the air conditioning is excellent, and it might be nice in the winter! I also prefer the instrument layout on the 2000 Accord ... the tach is easier to see on it, and with a 6-speed, I actually use it. The backup camera is blurred with water drops after driving in the rain (I don't know if other cars have this same problem.)