Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Cats won't eat it.
By Doug Burkhart

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

It is a very good car overall. The last car I had was a 2004 EX V6 which I thought was an excellent car. This car has more tech and safety features but less luxury features. Also, the driver's seat is too soft for me. I've had more problems with this car in 3+ years than my last one in 8+ years.

Best Car in Decades!
By Ray Watters

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking for a low price quality sedan and I certainly got it with the Accord! I bought it new mid-2013 and now have over 62,000 miles on it. The car handles well and is comfortable. If I were to post a negative, it would be the road noise, however, it's not all that bad.

Great Purchase
By Allison McKenzie

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Glad I purchased! Clean smooth feel for my commuter vehicle.

3 weeks in without regrets
By Arslan Tajammul

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Driving my Lexus '07 was costing too much and I needed a commuter car for my 80 mile daily commute and wanted something that was used, comfortable, cheaper on gas and had good safety features. I rented an avalon for 5 days but was completely turned off by how stiff it was on the road and had no seat support. I also test drove a Camry but I wanted something higher end. The safety features were the deciding factor for me in buying this car. I've done about 1500 miles on the Accord already and felt ready to write my review.
The safety features of lane departure, left lane camera, and frontal warning are excellent and I figure even if just once in 5 years they help avoid an accident this is worth it. Driving 90% on the highway I am getting 35mpg which is also very good. The car is very intelligent and has responsive handling.
The only two knocks on this car (as the expert reviews accurately say) are road noise at higher speeds and it being a firmer ride but even with it being firm it is still comfortable. Toyota/Lexus are definitely more comfortable of a ride.

DO NOT BUY (unless you like a vibrating gas pedal)
By Rocco

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Worst powertrain design ever. At 1800 rpm, VCM kicks on and makes the accelerator and cabin vibrate. It's dreadful. I test drove two and both had same issue. Left a deposit on one and had phenomenal deal but just hated the VCM vibration. Car goes from 3 cyl to 6 cyl and back all the time and not just at highway speeds. We own an 11 V6 and do not have these issues. The 9th gen V6 automatics are royally screwed. Read the reviews. Owners are complaining and some have tried to lemon law. Consumer Reports also does NOT recommend the 2013 V6. Take their advice and save yourself reliability issues down the road. It's a bad design. Honda takes no accountability.