Used 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best auto for the money
By ybert

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

One of the best cars I have ever owned, cant believe people are having problems. Cant say enough about the gas mileage I'm getting 26.6 MPG city, have not done a hwy test as yet. I have just under 6000 miles and enjoy driving this car.

4-Door Accord EX 6speed manual
By beanctr

2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have just over 400 miles on my new Accord. The manual transmission is a joy to operate and is well matched to the engine. I am coming from an 04 G35, so I miss some of the extra HP, but the Accord is fairly peppy and the MPG improvement is outstanding. Not easy finding a manual transmission as dealer stated Honda doesn't allow you to 'order' your vehicle. Seats are very comfortable and the dash layout is very nice. There are quality materials throughout and it doesn't feel like Honda was trying to cut cost on the interior.

Favorite Features

The smart entry is a very convenient option to have. Also, enjoy having bluetooth capability and the LaneWatch. Manual Transmission!!! Save the manuals! Way to go Honda on still offering this transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Offer dual exhaust on EX models and upgraded stereo system. Only two colors were available on the manual transmission EX in the region I live in, so Honda should offer more colors. So old school -'you can have any color you want as long as it is black'.

Battery issues in cold weather...Upstate NY
By sandy3858

2013 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My girlfriend lives in Upstate NY, hadn't driven her car for three days, and decided to go shopping. Returning home after a roundtrip of about five miles, she turned off the vehicle for about five minutes and it would not restart. AAA was called and provided a jumpstart, but said their tester indicated the battery would not hold the charge. She them drove the car to the dealer for their assessment. Their answer was that these Accords need to be driven every couple days at least and if not, the owner should buy a trickle charger. A trickle charger? If the car is not driven every couple days? It's a 2013 car, not a 1913. Honda needs to address this issue.

Favorite Features

Not the battery.

Suggested Improvements

If you live in the northern half of the US or in any cold climate, you apparently need to drive your 2103 Honda Accord every couple or three days whether you need to or not or suffer the consequences.....calling AAA regularly OR buying a trickle charger. My suggestion? Honda should admit their mistake and replace the weak batteries upon request of the owners. And Consumer Report should note this issue when they review the 2013 Accord.

Honda Accord Sport is a great value!
By pockevicius

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the Accord Sport with a 6 speed manual just over a year ago after shopping around for something sporty, reliable, and affordable. I love the car! I have had no problems with the car to date. The car is averaging 30mpg with mixed driving, the best mileage I have achieved was 37mpg on a 350 mile trip which included stop and go highway traffic. I consider this is a great 'bipolar car"- I can take it down some twisty back roads and have some fun, or I can cart the grandparents on a 7 hour trip in comfort. The connectivity is excellent in terms of Bluetooth and the iPod interface. I would highly recommend this car to my friends and family.

Favorite Features

The engine and transmission work together like a dream. This is one of the best manual transmissions I have driven (Only beaten by the S2000 transmission). The seats are by far some of the most supportive and comfortable in a car today. The cloth is very durable and soft to the touch.

Suggested Improvements

Heated side mirrors would be a welcome addition since we live in New England. 60/40 folding rear seat would be great instead of having to fold the entire rear seat when carrying something large. The 4 speaker audio system is ok, but the addition of the 2 additional speakers found on higher level trim Accords sound much better. This is just nitpicking!

CVT Trans Will Make Me Trade This Car
By palalt1

2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2013 Accord Sport with the CVT transmission. It has become so annoying to drive with only 3000 miles that I'm considering trading. Honda tells me there is no record of a problem and the dealer says the unit isn't serviceable. Under normal driving, there is almost a constant slinky toy or rubber band feeling that actually makes the engine rpm go up and down when it should be smoothly accelerating. There is some kind of intermittent slippage going on the whole time you are driving it. Anything but Constant Velocity. Honda is playing stupid and merely patronized me with statements like: "We'll make a record of your concern." I own a Murano CVT so I'm familiar with this technology.

Favorite Features

The car is roomy and the backup camera is awesome. The CVT trans needs a recall.

Suggested Improvements

Recall the CVT transmission with a redesign that works and actually provides "Constant Velocity".