2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Best auto for the money
By ybert on 06/22/14 20:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

One of the best cars I have ever owned, cant believe people are having problems. Cant say enough about the gas mileage I'm getting 26.6 MPG city, have not done a hwy test as yet. I have just under 6000 miles and enjoy driving this car.

Steering Column makes noise when turning slow
By amy_t on 01/25/14 14:59 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Have a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L, purchased new June 2013, after a few months it started making a noticeable but soft popping/clicking noise coming from the steering column when turning the steering wheel. Took it to the dealer twice, they replaced the parts covering the airbag inside the steering column (steering angle sensor & combination bracket), and then finally admitted that there is no known fix to this noise. The Honda service rep even pointed out that a few people working for Honda have experienced the same noise from their 2013 Accords. I'm very disappointed and even embarrassed that I'm stuck with a new car that makes a funny noise.

Great ride, needs more standard options
By k_rock on 11/04/13 05:08 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Honda, but first Accord, I had an 02 CRV that I loved but needed an upgrade and better mpg. I feel in love with the Accord exterior and really like the pick up that it has for a 4 cylinder. I decided to stay with the Honda brand as I had over 220K miles on mine and the only maintenance that I did was tune ups and standard oil changes, brakes, etc. I may be spent 2K on mechanical issues over the 10 years that I owned it. I love how the controls are easily, much better than in my 02 crv, I kept having to reach way forward to change radio stations. I was a little disappointed with the features that we not on the passenger side with the seat.

Nice car with some issues..
By richardaherold on 10/07/13 11:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought car in April 2013, put 8000 miles on, mostly highway. Accord is comfortable and a solid ride. However: -- GPS system is terrible. My $200 Garmin has a superior interface. GPS estimates of "time to go" until arrival are WAY off and Honda America can't find the problem. At dealer today my Honda estimated 15 hours to drive from DC to Savannah. A new Accord on lot estimated 9 hours, which is correct. -- Car rides too low to ground resulting in ridiculous damage from moderate road issues. After driving on FDR expressway in NYC, where right lane has some bumps due to repair work, the Accord's fender liner fell off and right fog light enclosure fell off. $400 to repair!

Best Value for Luxury features.
By clivettej on 10/03/13 11:30 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car! It is truly a "personal assistant." Great on gas mileage with the econ feature. Love the side camera where you can view the side of your car when changing lanes. Blue tooth. Nice leather seats, moonroof, and an extremely comfortable ride. [non-permissible content removed].

Honda got this model right!
By tony181 on 09/30/13 08:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After 3 Camrys we went with an Accord this time around. Honda did a great job tweaking various things to significantly improve what had been a very good car for many years. Handling and ride superb for this price class. Fine blend of power and gas mileage. Went with EX-L because of several features we really wanted. Recently returned from a 1600 mile trip. Very comfortable car on this long trip.

EX-L 4cyl after 4 months 7500mi
By accordlady on 09/15/13 19:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my '06Accord after 138K. Mostly this is a solid car with good acceleration and comfort, especially the leather seats. I read the CVT was jerky, but after the test drive, decided it was not enough to bother me. After 7K, the jerkiness was worse esp when it was cold. Dealer said this was normal. But if you must drive slowly at first thru a residential area, be prepared, it can get on your nerves after a while. But once on the road and able to accelerate, it is very smooth. The only other thing I am disappointed about is the stereo system. After paying almost $30K for a car, you would expect a decent system. This is not one.

First Impressions
By tintinmilou on 09/07/13 20:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

It's a Honda. And despite the slap of the 2011 and 2012 models, the 2013 Honda is back. My mom had a Honda 600, a CVCC Civic, and a CRX. Dad had an '87 Accord. We have an Odyssey, a Civic, and now we have a brand new Accord. I'm not married to Honda. We looked at Toyota, Mazda, Subaru, and Volkswagen. Our new Accord is not even through its first tank of gas. My first impressions: Highway, 38MPG with the "Econ" button pushed. 26MPG in town. We have the EX-L 4-cyl with all the nice gadgets. The rear-view camera with three modes is great. The lane departure and distance warning are pretty weak and unreliable. Fit & Finish are excellent. Power is great. Ride is a little firm

Windows and Sunroof malfunction
By yesucan1 on 08/31/13 22:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have never encountered this problem in any of the cars I owned. Last week we went back to our car, and found all four windows and the sunroof wide open.It was not pleasant as it was pouring with rain.We thought it was something we did. Yesterday same thing.Today, someone came up to us and asked us if we had that problem, which we confirmed. It seems his windows and sunroof have been doing this for the last month. Once,only Sunroof partway, another time the windows of only one side of the car.He went to his dealer, and they blew him off every time, telling him it is his doing.None of us were in our car when this happened. Has anyone experienced this. Our car is four months old, his 3.

Very Impressed!
By dano100 on 07/30/13 22:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I leased an EXL and the car has exceeded my expectations. Having driven a 2007 Infiniti G35X the last 6 years I was prepared for a letdown. Although the Accord is no sports sedan it fulfills my current needs. It is very comfortable, roomy, stylish and gets outstanding gas mileage. The CVT performs flawlessly and although I was originally hesitant about it I now prefer it to the traditional 5 speed auto in the previous Accords. My only complaint is the sound quality of the stereo. It's mediocre at best.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Accord in VA is:

$138 per month*