Used 2013 Honda Accord EX-L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Dangerous
By aggie89

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Honda should have never been allowed to sell a car with a CVT like this one has. There's a rubber band effect. When pushing on the accelerator the motor goes into idle then takes off like a jet after slowing down. Honda is all too aware of this and the defective airbags but refuses to have a recall. Greed has overtaken the corporation, like it did GM, Toyota, and Ford. My guess is that there will be deaths before a recall might be forced. Look elsewhere.

Best auto for the money
By ybert

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

One of the best cars I have ever owned, cant believe people are having problems. Cant say enough about the gas mileage I'm getting 26.6 MPG city, have not done a hwy test as yet. I have just under 6000 miles and enjoy driving this car.

Steering Column makes noise when turning slow
By amy_t

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Have a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L, purchased new June 2013, after a few months it started making a noticeable but soft popping/clicking noise coming from the steering column when turning the steering wheel. Took it to the dealer twice, they replaced the parts covering the airbag inside the steering column (steering angle sensor & combination bracket), and then finally admitted that there is no known fix to this noise. The Honda service rep even pointed out that a few people working for Honda have experienced the same noise from their 2013 Accords. I'm very disappointed and even embarrassed that I'm stuck with a new car that makes a funny noise.

Love the overall design both interior and exterior, and the way it hugs the road. Overall, very satisfied with it except for the noise coming from the steering column when turning.

Great ride, needs more standard options
By k_rock

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Honda, but first Accord, I had an 02 CRV that I loved but needed an upgrade and better mpg. I feel in love with the Accord exterior and really like the pick up that it has for a 4 cylinder. I decided to stay with the Honda brand as I had over 220K miles on mine and the only maintenance that I did was tune ups and standard oil changes, brakes, etc. I may be spent 2K on mechanical issues over the 10 years that I owned it. I love how the controls are easily, much better than in my 02 crv, I kept having to reach way forward to change radio stations. I was a little disappointed with the features that we not on the passenger side with the seat.

The things that I absolutely love are: Mpg!! Heated seats Bluetooth connectivity to play my music Forward collision warning Lane departure warning Blind spot monitor Adjustable driver seat Keyless entry and push button start The exterior sporty look

There are 3 different mpg views for the dash screen, but no way to see a digital speedometer. I commute 2 and a half hours a day and have back issues, so I need to have my seat high but, my steering wheel low. Where the steering wheel is now I can not see ow fast I am going. The lumbar support does not adjust up or down for the driver. There is no adjustable seat height or lumbar support for the passenger which I thought was really weird. Remote starter is an extra┬ů.and when you have one professional installed at the dealer there is no integrated remote starter, meaning you need two key remotes. One key for the remote starter and one for operating the vehicle.

Nice car with some issues..
By richardaherold

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought car in April 2013, put 8000 miles on, mostly highway. Accord is comfortable and a solid ride. However: -- GPS system is terrible. My $200 Garmin has a superior interface. GPS estimates of "time to go" until arrival are WAY off and Honda America can't find the problem. At dealer today my Honda estimated 15 hours to drive from DC to Savannah. A new Accord on lot estimated 9 hours, which is correct. -- Car rides too low to ground resulting in ridiculous damage from moderate road issues. After driving on FDR expressway in NYC, where right lane has some bumps due to repair work, the Accord's fender liner fell off and right fog light enclosure fell off. $400 to repair!