2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda Accord Sport is a great value!
By pockevicius on 08/05/14 05:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the Accord Sport with a 6 speed manual just over a year ago after shopping around for something sporty, reliable, and affordable. I love the car! I have had no problems with the car to date. The car is averaging 30mpg with mixed driving, the best mileage I have achieved was 37mpg on a 350 mile trip which included stop and go highway traffic. I consider this is a great 'bipolar car"- I can take it down some twisty back roads and have some fun, or I can cart the grandparents on a 7 hour trip in comfort. The connectivity is excellent in terms of Bluetooth and the iPod interface. I would highly recommend this car to my friends and family.

Terrible ride - no suspension system - DO NOT BUY!
By carguy199 on 07/12/14 08:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a 99 Chevy Malibu for this (leased) car, and I wish I had the Chevy back. Terribly rough ride, extremely shaky and loud over the tiniest bumps. Potholes literally shake you to the point where you think the car will far apart! Even the AC in the 99 Chevy was better. Any car I've ever driven or rode in has a smoother ride. It's because with the 2013 models they dropped the wishbone suspension to save money. I don't believe they tested the suspension, it's terrible, extremely unpleasant. Not what you'd expect from a 'high-end' Accord. Also, the car has started making shaking noises when I hit bumps, it's pretty disturbing for a new car. AVOID THIS CAR !

Best auto for the money
By ybert on 06/22/14 20:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

One of the best cars I have ever owned, cant believe people are having problems. Cant say enough about the gas mileage I'm getting 26.6 MPG city, have not done a hwy test as yet. I have just under 6000 miles and enjoy driving this car.

2013 Honda Accord LX (CVT Automatic)
By neijhari on 06/18/14 16:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My 2013 Honda Accord w/CVT has serious issues. Over the last three months I started experiencing abnormal hesitation while trying to accelerate from a standstill position. I have had to depress the accelerator all the way down to board for several seconds (5 - 8 seconds) before the car would jerkingly jump into proper gear to move forward. The dealership changed a kit on it at least twice which initially seemed to have corrected the problem but after about a week or two the problem is recurring. Then on June 14 an addt'l problem occurred where the car started a quick forward jerking motion at 40mph. Honda knows the issue but keeps denying the problem exists as they cannot replicate.

Accord Sport at 10K miles - solid all around
By altima13sv on 06/18/14 13:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Extremely happy with my 2013 Accord Sport. Received around 26 miles per gallon for the first 9,000 miles and then over the next 1,000 miles, it jumped to around 30. Now broken in, it feels quicker and is becoming more fun to drive. The build quality is rock solid, not even the slightest rattle from anywhere. Sport mode is fun on the highway for zipping around people. Seats are comfortable. The interior is attractive and all the materials you touch are high quality. Love the leather trim on the doors, wheel, and armrest. Miss a sunroof and push start but can't complain because the price was resonable. Everything just feels solid and I could see myself driving it for 200,000 miles!

Not quite what I expected
By eddiejd on 06/12/14 16:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After 9,000 miles and 11 months of ownership, here are my comments. DO NOT get the remote starter. It is a royal PIA on the EX model with push button start. When you remote start the vehicle and get in it, the engine automatically stalls and you have to restart the engine. For every remote start you have to restart the engine. Gee Honda, great for your starter and battery. Real poor design. I would remove the remote start system but it would cost ME money to do it! Also, you cannot exit a running vehicle and try to lock it to run an errand, it won't let you! The stereo if horrible. The AM is twice as loud as the FM. Very poor quality stereo.

Fast and Cheap
By alfredf on 05/23/14 19:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After 8 months of ownership, the title sums it all up. I cannot think of another sedan in this segment, and at this price, that can eclipse the performance of the Accord Sport with the 6-speed manual. Good acceleration, surprisingly high cornering limits and arguably the best shifter this side of BMW. The trade off is a set of truly awful Goodyear Eagle LS 2 tires (loud, no grip in wet, overly stiff), a spartan but functional interior with terrible seat fabric and the cheapest door plastic in the industry. Also did I mention the squeaks and rattles after only 5k miles.

Great Coupe
By ohgeez10 on 05/02/14 16:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my '13 Dodge Challenger R/T for this '13 Accord Coupe V6 and couldn't be happier. I've owned 20+ cars in my lifetime and have never been brand loyal to any manufacture. If I like the car, then I'll buy it. This car was used and 11k miles on it. Paint was almost flawless with a few small nicks in the front bumper but after some detailing and touch up paint, you can't see it any longer. The vehicle has a sporty feel and quiet on the road although the suspension can be a little jarring on rough roads. Nice acceleration and doesn't make a lot of noise doing it (cough..Dodge..cough). I believe this car is almost as quick as my Challenger.

The Apple of Automobiles
By rtroiani on 04/30/14 12:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

When you use Apple gear, it is a joy because everything "just works". I find it the same way with Hondas. I now have a few hundred miles on my 2014 EX Coupe and I still smile every time I get in. It has sporty performance, very comfortable, and just enough tech to be helpful, but not get in the way.

9k mile update accord sport
By adansereau on 03/23/14 05:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Well after 9 months and 9 k miles I think I know the car well. First it looks great, rides well, comfy, no problems, and the gas mpg can be fantastic if you keep your foot off the floorboards. I have seen high 30s low 40s wow ! But I drive it quickly so many times I am in the upper 20s or low 30s. I am not quite sold on the cvt, don't get me wrong it work fine , can be sooo smooth and for 99 percent of people the smoother the better, but I like to feel the shifts so the car is too smooth and quite at times. It has plenty of power and on the highway it is effortless to pass and accelerate but off the line the cvt timid till 10 mph Great car

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Accord in VA is:

$145 per month*