2012 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Uncomfortable driver seat

2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Uncomfortable driver seat
By junior12 on

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I own a 2012 Honda Accord LX. Drivers side seat just slightly above the lumbar support is hurting my back. Adjusting the seat or adding some padding does not help. Extreme discomfort after 25 minutes of driving time. Very poor seat design. Very disappointed in Honda. Do a "Google" search to read about many others having back pain due to the seat design. I like the 2012 Honda Accord's but what good is this car if I cannot drive it without being in severe pain.
By wcascrs
on 04/01/14 20:43 PM (PDT)

Totally agree with you. I've paid particular attention the 8th generation 2008 to 2012 Accord sedan driver's seats, and there is just too much lumbar curve built in, even with a power adjust flattened out. It punches into my back and is REALLY annoying just on a test sit in the car. Thankfully, I never bought one. To compare, have a sit in a 2013 or later Accord sedan. Luckily, they did a great job this time around. The whole seat seems really good, the lumbar curve is mild and the 10 way power seats have adjustable lumbar if you need more. Sorry about your car. You're not imagining it. I hope you can gety it sorted out (get into a more comfortable car!)