Trunk is leaking
By michael161 on
2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
My car is two month old, 5000 miles, so far I have water leak in the trunk during rain (brand new car) and some strange clinking noise when I drive on not so smooth road. I had some strange noises in my Toyota Camry 2006 too, but I was able to drive over 200k miles with that car without problem doing just regular service, may be my new Accord will last same number of miles also without problems… Who knows? I hope my dealer will figure out (eventualy) what is wrong with my car’s trunk and Honda warranty will pay for repairs.
By pierre6
on 01/11/12 11:28 AM (PST)

Michael, Below was from a thread of the 2011 Honda Accord review(edmunds), regarding the clicking Noise if its the same area of yours: Update:Third problem noted above in the upper post regarding Interior Noise. There is a creaking noise coming from the back seat. It does not respond that much to bumps in the road. It seems like two pieces of metal clicking. Most of the creaking noise is on normal smooth roads, but is very annoying. Brought the Car to the Dealer, and they indicated that Honda has a Service Bulletin #10-080 regarding this problem. Left the car with them, and picked it up later that day. The paperwork indicates that they Pry up and bend the bracket Extensions. When I arrived home after picking up the car and found that a bolt(large bolt) was missing in the back frame of the rear shelf. Called Honda company and they looked up the SB and said that the instructions say to leave the bolt out if the noise stops. WOW! Contacted the dealer and they said the same thing. Well the noise still continues, so will bring the car back to the dealer again. What happened to Honda! Anyone thinking of a honda, think twice! Update from previous post above: Regarding the noise in the rear shelf, installed bolt in location where the Service Bulletin 10-080 had said to leave it out. Purchased silicone Lubricate spray at Wal-Mart, and sprayed area of rear shelf on both sides from the Trunk area. Wiped off excess and left the truck open a little while to allow the lubricate to dry. Have not heard any noise for over 1500 miles so far. Total miles on car at this time is 15500.