The most uncomfortable seats
By remiszj on
2012 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
This car has the most uncomfortable seats of anything that we ever tried. Our short test drive wasn't enough to set the alarm, but my wife commutes 140 miles a day and after the first day complained about very uncomfortable seats. After two weeks of driving my wife couldn’t take it any more with severe back pain, so I started suffering in this brand new Accord. I tried every combination of settings of this power seat, but no matter what I did there was annoying hump sticking out above the lumbar area. When driving for more than just a few miles you can't stop switching position in search for a more comfortable one. I’m 5’11” 170 lb, and my wife is 5’5” 130 lb so we don’t carry extra weight.
Favorite Features
Very good handling, good gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
The seats have to be redesigned. To make front seats semi usable, I had to modify them by removing lumbar plate. This however potentially compromises integrity of the seat and you loose lumbar adjustment. This modification is well documented on the internet and you can simply Google it. Before you decide to buy a new Accord just search on the internet for Accord uncomfortable seats. You can also search for petition to Honda, signed by many people, to redesign and replace the front seats.
By wcascrs
on 04/01/14 21:00 PM (PDT)

You are correct about the driver's seat: much too much lumbar curve, it just punches into my lower back and of course that's with power lumbar flattened out. I've found this across all trims LX to EX-L and all the generation 2008 to 2012. Very sad. Fortunately, the new gen 2013 and later have a vastly improved driver's seat: mild lumbar curve and power adjust if you need it. I think the complaints will go way down for 2013 and later. I'm not surprised at all to see the complaints with 2012 and older. I eval'd the car, but luckily did not buy one.