Severe Road Noise
By accordpos on
2012 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought a brand new Accord LX-S Coupe thinking I was getting a quality car as advertised. I previously owned a 2001 Accord Ex Coupe and loved it. It didnít have any of these issues on the 2001, it came with a V6, sunroof leather seats and no sound issues at all for the same price. This car has SEVERE road noise over 45mph and cement roads are beyond belief. The dealer wants to sell me a more expensive model; Honda won't do anything and seems to state what I bought is a cheap car and i should expect the noise @ a $25k sticker price??? When you have the gas tank 3/4 full you can hear the gas splashing, the tire noise is so bad i have to blast the radio just to keep from going nuts.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the Hard Noisy Michelin tires. Put sound proofing material in the trunk, floorboards, doors and wheel wells.
By yoma
on 07/17/12 12:05 PM (PDT)

I bought a 2012 Accord EX-l V6 and love the car except for the road noise. You are right, above 45mph or on concrete roads I cannot stand the noise - I didn't buy the CR-V because of the roadnoise, now look what I have $32K and I may have to spend another grand to buy a softer tire - waht was Honda thinking? I'm going back to the dealer Friday, but doubt they will do anything. I feel your pain.

By carymatt
on 05/21/12 19:12 PM (PDT)

I just traded my 2011 I4 EX-L for a 2012 V6 EX-L. Fuel economy is about the same around town. Night and day difference in the noise levels at highway speeds. I'm guessing that there must be more/better sound proofing in the V6 version.