2012 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Poor Decision

2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX-P Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Poor Decision
By keibie40 on

2012 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After being an avid Ford Car man for 24 years, I succumbed to the many suggestions from friends and family to try the Honda Accord Sedan. On 6/30/12 I test drove the 2012 LX-P Sedan for only the standard 10 to 15 minute interval. The roads surrounding the Dealership were considerably bumpy, pitted and consistently crowned. The car felt good and the price was excellent so I bought it. The final 17 miles of my 50 mile drive home, was newly paved expressway. Oh God, what did I buy? Significant pulling to the right and shimmy/vibrations began and never stopped. 26 days and 10 visits to Honda, the alignment is correct but I am told that have to live with shimmy/vibration. Worst Decision Ever.

Interior Space. Comfortable Seating.

Resolve the intrusive wind noise into the cabin. Resolve customers' concerns to their satisfaction and not just to Honda's liking. Resolve the so-called **acceptable shimmy/vibration characteristic of Accord Sedans**. Customers should not be forced to live with a defect, because Honda feels it's acceptable by their standards.
By lorna3
on 08/14/12 14:21 PM (PDT)

I also have a 2012 Honda Accord Sedan. I began having problems with it 2 months ago. I have only had it 1 year. The dealer has done all it can ( re: shimmy ) at 60-65 mgh. It has been in the shop 3 times, also A/C not working properly as well. It has been worked on too. I do not feel safe in this car, I avoid highway driving as the shimmy is really bad. I got same response from MFG. The dealer has been very supportive, but my question is, has anyone been able to just return the car? Who would want to own a vehicle that handles like that when driving? I don't think it's fair!