Seats are awful!
By pjshifi1 on
2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I just bought this car two weeks ago. The first time I noticed the issue was on a long drive, 5+/- hours with the car. At the end of the drive, my lower back was on fire and I had a hard time moving around for the rest of that weekend. Then the drive home was worse, because my back already was hurting. These seats are AWFUL! I took the car right back to the dealer and told them about the issue, I was told they really couldn't do anything about it and there is nothing wrong with the seat (it wasn't broken). I then call Honda USA, explained my issue and was given a case number. That case ending in Honda USA basically telling me to pound sand! I have said that I was not the only person with these issues, just go and Google it. The Honda rep to me they were un-aware of any issues like this and they don't pay attention to web postings. Now I have an issue, I have a brand new car that I HATE to drive. I ended up pulling my 10 year old Saab 140K mile (which the Accord was supposed to replace) back out of the garage and parked the Accord. Please Honda, get your stuff together and help myself and all other people get this resolved. These are BRAND NEW cars!
Favorite Features
ipod connection
Suggested Improvements
Fix these seats.
By wcascrs
on 04/01/14 21:05 PM (PDT)

You are correct about the driver's seat: much too much lumbar curve, it just punches into my lower back and of course that's with power lumbar flattened out. I've found this across all trims LX to EX-L and all the generation 2008 to 2012. Very sad. Fortunately, the new gen 2013 and later have a vastly improved driver's seat: mild lumbar curve and power adjust if you need it. I think the complaints will go way down for 2013 and later. I'm not surprised at all to see the complaints with 2012 and older. I eval'd the car, but luckily did not buy one.