2012 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Poor Heat and comfort

2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Poor Heat and comfort
By minnesota_jon on

2012 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car does not blow hot air when the temp is below 0 deg F. If you live in cold climates and don't want to over dress for a long commute to work, then make sure to test drive this car in the winter on a subzero day before buying. I actually took this car back to the dealer to have the heat checked in my first winter. The dealer said it was working normal. I've since asked other Honda owners about this and they agree that the heat is poor. My old Galant with 230,000 miles heats up much quicker and hotter! I am sadly trading this car in because of this as I'm tired of driving in an icebox. For a car with such a vaunted reputation, I am greatly disappointed with this vehicle.

-Heated seats (the only source of good heat in really cold weather) -Gas mileage

-Offer Bluetooth/Handfree option to packages other than the premium package -Upgrade Rear View mirror as the auto tint does not darken the morning sun adequately and will blind you -Upgrade the car's cabin heating system as it does not warm up on really cold winter days (at or below zero F)