2012 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Breaking noise when coming fro

2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Breaking noise when coming from a complete stop at stop lights
By zintage on

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It appears that in most of these 1012 models there is a break noise that becomes increasing loud when the weather temperatures increase. This was rather frustrating because I bought this car in the winter of last year and as it became summer the noise became prominent. Before you purchase this car please test drive it during hot weather and let go of the break after coming to a complete stop. It will crunch and grind as if it were a car with 500+ miles on it. My family owns 5 honda accords from previous years and none of them make this noise. The dealer indicates that it's the pads shifting, but if that were the case why does it change with the weather and only in this model.

Favorite Features

I do enjoy the extended radio attachments, but that comes with most cars at this time.

Suggested Improvements

Please fix the upper control arm noise (if that's what it is) and ensure there is no crunching noise when rolling from a stop. It's scaring my passengers and also making the drive very unpleasant in stop and go traffic. Also, the head rests are not made for shorter people. My parents have removed them from their Honda Van.