Final Honda Car Purchase
By devilsdefence4 on
2012 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
After owning two previous Accords I can say this will be my last. Having been very satisfied with a '98 sedan 5 speed and an '05 coupe 6-speed I can honestly say I'm very disappointed with this '12 6-speed. My expectations of a 6 cyl. 6 speed "sports" car are not even close to aligning with this vehicle, the only performance upgrade is the motor and gearing, which result in a 6 mpg loss with comparable driving. If you're not quite as concerned in performance and decent gas mileage this car is comfortable for long road trips and has a fairly large backseat for a coupe. Also an excellent looking car in my opinion if Honda had oriented it more towards its Prelude roots I would be very pleased.
Favorite Features
Exterior design, engine, navigation, after being so pleased with a 7th gen this list has fallen short.
Suggested Improvements
Suspension, Brakes, LSD, trunk seems smaller than my '05, not quite sure why such a big back seat is in a coupe. Wish Honda would drop the "cookie cutter" routine and get back to a sports car. I could go without alot of the amenities in this car for improved handling and stopping power. Gauge numbers are smaller than previous generations. Would appreciate a true sports car with Honda's reliability again but don't expect to see it anytime soon. 7 years ago this vehicle would have been more than sufficient as the previous model was in my opinion, however today I feel the bar has been raised and this vehicle has really only been adjusted to accompany a small portion of 6 speed buyers.